12' Ticking?

BlackDragon

Large Member
Reaction score
I got like stupid fuckin pissed. The tech actually shrugged at me and said he's stumped. WTF? Aren't you a "ford" tech?

I work for a different brand dealership, and I know that if I shrugged at a customer, my boss would have my fuckin head.

coreyhm1

forum member
Reaction score
I got like stupid fuckin pissed. The tech actually shrugged at me and said he's stumped. WTF? Aren't you a "ford" tech?

I work for a different brand dealership, and I know that if I shrugged at a customer, my boss would have my fuckin head.
basically whats happening to me.. ive been beating a dead horse :deadhorse:

idk if its going to stay the same, get better, go away, get worse, blow the hell up, or leave me stranded.

BlackDragon

Large Member
Reaction score
Well I have to wait for a regional ford engineer. We'll see what that dude says. But I'm pretty close to my limit...

09 Ricky

forum member
Reaction score
Same shit with my 2011 5.0 f150. My motor sounded like yours and the dealer did a long block replacement because the ford tech and field engineer couldnt figure it out. Three days later the same damn noise came back after ther new motor was installed. Field engineer came back out and same story.....cant figure it out. I have been with out this pos since april 16th. Ford will not buy it back......deemed it normal characteristic of the motor. I went through all my options and the best one in the end is get rid of it. Really the cheapest way. I have been through hell and still own the truck.....the truck has seriously half the power with the new engine and the few days I had it was very clear that ford doesnt have a very good look out for quality control these days. If they cant find a solution to a knocking pos motor.....does not give them the right to say its normal lol. And you would think with todays technology Ford would now how to make a quite motor like any other manufactor out there. Op good luck.....if you need a new ride I have a truck for you lol.....it has that special one of a kind diesel option!

Ricky

Last edited:

rihani

Reaction score
tickiiinggg

ok, my 5.0 is doing the same sound, the tick tick, and as long i read, theres no repair for the sound? im from mexico, i took my car yesterday from an oil change and star ticking, took it today and they are cheking whats going on, so my question is... am i suposse to start tinking of change my new car or theres a possibility to repair that sound (i dont want a new engine). thanks and sorry for my bad english.

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
Same shit with my 2011 5.0 f150. My motor sounded like yours and the dealer did a long block replacement because the ford tech and field engineer couldnt figure it out. Three days later the same damn noise came back after ther new motor was installed. Field engineer came back out and same story.....cant figure it out. I have been with out this pos since april 16th. Ford will not buy it back......deemed it normal characteristic of the motor. I went through all my options and the best one in the end is get rid of it. Really the cheapest way. I have been through hell and still own the truck.....the truck has seriously half the power with the new engine and the few days I had it was very clear that ford doesnt have a very good look out for quality control these days. If they cant find a solution to a knocking pos motor.....does not give them the right to say its normal lol. And you would think with todays technology Ford would now how to make a quite motor like any other manufactor out there. Op good luck.....if you need a new ride I have a truck for you lol.....it has that special one of a kind diesel option!

Ricky

They can't put a new motor in it, then claim the problem for which they replaced the motor is a "normal characteristic." Get a Lemon Law attorney. There are plenty out there that only get paid through the settlement/court decision. In other words, it won't cost you a dime.

09 Ricky

forum member
Reaction score
They can't put a new motor in it, then claim the problem for which they replaced the motor is a "normal characteristic." Get a Lemon Law attorney. There are plenty out there that only get paid through the settlement/court decision. In other words, it won't cost you a dime.

Im looking into this route. The not costing me a dime part I dont think is possible......im not that lucky.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back