R/T .600
60' 1.803
330 5.052
1/8 7.696
mph 93.23
1000 9.975
1/4 11.897
MPH 116.72

I know the car will 60' better than that so the car should have more ET in it. Now to the tech part. what do you guys think the car will run with the 125 shot.

By the way there was a new Camaro SS out there last night he ran a couple passes in the 13.30's with a mph in the 108's. That was bone stock with stock tires and a 2.3 60'. Just figured you might want to know.

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
nice run, what nitrous kit are u running ? is it tune for nitrous or just drop it and go?

thats a good time for the camaro.

08blackchrome

forum member
Reaction score
Its a zex kit. it has a tune from doug in it right now but will be hitting the dyno in 2 weeks for the 125shot.

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Its a zex kit. it has a tune from doug in it right now but will be hitting the dyno in 2 weeks for the 125shot.
thats good, u should be able to squeeze a bit more out of it. i know mine was running super rich. but i was runing in it on my n/a tune. :beerdrink:

post numbers when u dyno!

Snafu

forum member
Reaction score
A little more info please. What kind of tires & what other mods? Just saying a 100 shot doesn't mean anything without knowing the above info??? Thanks

08blackchrome

forum member
Reaction score
full bolt-ons. bmr k-member and a arms. Hot Rod Cams, nitto DRs, and built suspension ( upper, lowers, anti squat brackets, Qa1 shocks,) 4.10 gears, 1 pc ds, pro 5.0 shifter, stage 2+ clutch and aluminum flywheel.

Snafu

forum member
Reaction score
Wow! Yes you do have a lot more left on the table. Nice set-up for sure. Where I want to be someday. I say you will be getting a boot for going below when you need a cage for sure (11.50) I say 11.40's easy enough with your mods & better tune with 125 shot.
You need to see where your A/F is with a wide-band. I know with your mod list you can afford $280.00 for a wide-band. Should be your next mod then you can adjust fuel/timing yourself. Thanks for the info & great set-up.

BlackOut

Reaction score
get rid of the nittos and get a good tire, to get a better 60', then with the dyno tune for a 125 shot should nock a few more tenths off. I think low 11's with the 125 shot definetly not crackin at 10's thou

08blackchrome

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah i do need to get a wideband for monitoring only though once its dyno tuned i will not be messing with anything. Thats just asking for trouble lol. I had MTs Et street radials at one time and ill be honest with you they just arent a good tire for a dd. The car had sixty footed better with them but not worth the money IMHO. I know a lot of people that have pulled great 60's on the nittos and they last much longer on the street. I will buy some track tires soon though to solve this problem. And i agree i dont think it will be enough for tens. But I would be happy if I get kicked off LOL.

Lazy Racer

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Blackchrome great numbers well done, Im behind you on the nitrous curve but getting there. What rpm are you shifting at? I suppose the rears equal 26"? What gear are you using?...

08blackchrome

forum member
Reaction score
I shift at 6500. Yeah the rears are just a little over 26". 4.10 gears and thanks.

Lazy Racer

forum member
Reaction score
Ah OK, Im shifting way to early then - 6000. I have 28" and 4.10s. Seems Im not spending enough time on the gas in each gear

08blackchrome

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah ive had better luck running it higher. You are also killing your gears with those 28" tall tires.

Snafu

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like the Ford Hot Rod cams like the nitrous. My choice also when I do a cam change (great sound). Perfect combo you are running for sure.

Royski

forum member
Reaction score
Nice numbers!

I assume your using a WOT switch? Are you spraying through all gears or what?

08blackchrome

forum member
Reaction score
Yes I am using a WOT switch and spraying every gear. I am happy because i finally got in the 11s and i backed that pass up with an 11.91 but at the same time im upset because i know with a better 60' the car has some more in it.

Royski

forum member
Reaction score
Yes I am using a WOT switch and spraying every gear. I am happy because i finally got in the 11s and i backed that pass up with an 11.91 but at the same time im upset because i know with a better 60' the car has some more in it.

Cool deal. I'm a little leary of spraying 1st, so i'll prob stick to second. No problems with 4.10's and spray related to traction?

08blackchrome

forum member
Reaction score
Just spray it and forget it. i started out with a window switch spraying in 2nd. It didnt take me long to take that widow switch out and sell it as fast as i could. Just learn to drive it and by all means if you miss a gear just shut her down. No problems to date. My traction problems are mainly related to the fact that im running shittos.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back