14 gt Trans issue

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Ive been researching and cant find anything that relates to the same problem. I have been noticing a whine in my trans. All the accounts ive read are either when the car is in gear or when the car is in 1-4 gear most of the time. My problem is when the clutch is pressed in. The trans has a howl really more than a whine I guess youd say. Not a high pitch like a blower whine but a low pitch howl. It does this while its rolling whether the trans is in gear or out of gear. The only thing that triggers it is when the clutch is pressed in. I had already been experiencing problems while under heavy braking that sounds like the drive shaft is slapping the bottom of the car but instead the dealer said it was the abs module making noise ( still dont think thats it) and now this. The car has 11k miles on it and im honestly getting fed up with these stupid little problems. Anyone have any idea what could cause the whine in the trans while the clutch is pressed in?

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Take it to the local dealer and document the concern. With the mods you have listed in your sig, you should have no issue getting it taken care of if they confirm!

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
I sure hope so. Im going to take it soon. Just whenever I can get time away from work to do so and hope it doesnt go sour before then.

5lho

forum member
Reaction score
My TOB is a bit noisy and growly at times, too. No affect on performance.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back