17x4.5" Racestar Offsets/Back Spacing???

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I ordered two 17x4.5" Racestars from Blow By Racing (amazing fast service, bravo BRB) and I noticed on the box that they, Racestar, spec the wheel as having -25.4mm offset. On the Racestar website it says the 17x4.5" wheel has -13mm offset or 2.25" backspacing. The part number on the website is 92-745342P and it is the same as on the box too.

So I pulled my wheels out of their boxes, laid a long straight edge across them and measured actual backspacing on both. I measured 1 5/8" backspacing. True width from outside to outside 5 3/8". Inside of rim lip to inside is 4 1/2" as it should be.

There's measurements off all over the place here. They do not have the back spacing or offset advertised. Did Racestar change these wheels? Or is their website information incorrect? Now I have concerns about these fitting correctly. I'm gonna have to go hold them on the car sans tires to make sure they will fit.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I called them on this issue on the 15s last year. They told me the BS was right on the box and they never updated the catalog (IIRC)

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks stkjock. That is at least encouraging. But they really should update the website. and when they post pics in their gallery they should post the correct backspacing too.

I'll post follow up once I know more.

And yes, in case anyone what's to know, I plan to put them on a scale before adding tires. Just waiting forhte 17x9.5" rears to show up so I can weigh them too.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
FOLLOW UP:

I just talked to Mike at Racestar and he confirmed the info on the website is a misprint. All the 17x4.5" wheels have -25.4mm offset, which is about 1 3/8" back spacing. All the cars on the website with these wheels have -25.4mm offset.

I weighed my 17 x 4.5" wheels last night. With no lug nuts, no center cap and no air valve, they weighed in at 16.5 lbs ea.

The 17 x 9.5" wheels showed up at lunch today. SWEEEEEET!!!!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back