18x10 forged roush wheels looking for new wheels

tylerxfire

forum member
Reaction score
Want to see what these are worth or what i could do with them to change things up, few small flaking spots on them..pics tomorrow......anyone have any nice black 18's with chrome lip to trade..looking to maybe change things up...i will put up more pics and info tomorrow just seeing if anyone would want these in a trade or even to buy i guess...they have BFG 275's all around on them too with good tread

heres one pic i had quick on my computer that shows the wheels..dont mind the stickers on the car its from when i got married..

Attachments

• my stang.jpg
    my stang.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

tylerxfire

forum member
Reaction score
I'd trade my fr500s.......

are they 18x9 and 18x10?...id like to stay 18x10 if possible on all 4, but maybe, i love the stance these wheels give im just looking to change to black wheels, i may even end up painting them or something..what are your tire sizes and all or are you looking to just do wheels with no tires...

The roush wheels i have came off a 05 roush and they sat for a while in the south so i dont know if it was from the heat or what but they have a few spots where the chrome is peeling off(the roush wheels are known for this)..On the inside of the wheels which is where the peeling was the worst i ground down all 4 and painted the insides flat black which fixed the inside and looks great, so the peeling is not very noticable at all anymore but there are a few spots still on the outside chrome face of the wheel near the lug nuts in the center....Ill try to get some good pics tomorrow..The car is stored in the garage now for winter ..I figure these wheels are very expensive to buy new so the few spots should make up for a nice set of cheaper black wheels with chrome or polished lip..

ill get some pics up tomorrow because either way id like to get a judgement of what they are worth...someone could always strip them and paint or powdercoat them if they wanted

Last edited:

tylerxfire

forum member
Reaction score
i def. like the wheels but i have a white cali special and ive just been thinking of changing things up to a black chrome or a black wheel with chrome or polished lip and changing some things on the cars exterior to match...

Last edited:

peetiewonder

Terminator
Reaction score
honestly if i were you i would just get them painted/powdercoated black because you're probably not gonna find another set of wheels like that since a lot of guys run cheaper wheels (i.e. the trade for fr500s)

96blowncobra

forum member
Reaction score
^ sorry i'd rather spend my money on parts then wheels........ op they're 18x9 18x10 tires dont matter either way would be fine. mine are 255/45/18 in front and 295/45/18 in back.

tylerxfire

forum member
Reaction score
honestly if i were you i would just get them painted/powdercoated black because you're probably not gonna find another set of wheels like that since a lot of guys run cheaper wheels (i.e. the trade for fr500s)

im trying to upload some pics now for everyone to see...i probably will end up just selling them if anything because of the fact i probably wont find a wheel i really want thru a trade...

I would paint the spokes black and leave the chrome lip if i could but the style of the wheel it wouldnt look right because the spoke goes right into the lip in 1 peice, i would have to paint or powdercoat the whole wheel black with the lip and all and i really dont want just a plain all black wheel..i have been thinking about doing the whole wheel black and putting either a white or red stripe around the edge of the rim though..open for ideas once i upload the pics that may pursuade me to keep them

Last edited:

peetiewonder

Terminator
Reaction score
^ sorry i'd rather spend my money on parts then wheels........ op they're 18x9 18x10 tires dont matter either way would be fine. mine are 255/45/18 in front and 295/45/18 in back.

im not knocking you for that, but at the same time i dont wanna see the OP get ripped off by trading for a set of wheels that is worth one of his.

OP if those were 19s i'd offer you a trade hahaha.

Last edited:

tylerxfire

forum member
Reaction score
^^i appreciate the thought of not wanting me to get ripped..i had 19's on my last car and cant find any i like for the stang or that would fit right with offsets and all and im not looking to run spacers at this point

Im searching for a good place i could possibly have strip these down and re-chrome them in black chrome, i think that would be nice..im upstate NY, any ideas on that? nobody around me that i can think of..only reputable place to ship to i know of is calchrome but shipping is expensive and that will take a ton of time im sure

it seems like the pics taken from my digital camera cant be uploaded here, when i try a pic from camera phone it uploads fine....if anyone would like just let me know ur email and i can send the pics in an email i guess..or someone can post them up here possibly if i email them to u...not sure whats goin on..

at this point im really just looking to find out what these are worth the way they sit or what i could possibly do with them to change the look up

Last edited:

tylerxfire

forum member
Reaction score
I'd love to have a set of these, so if you end up looking to sell, let me know a price.

As far as rechroming, I know this place is in california, but they seem to be pretty decent.

http://www.calchrome.com/service_blackchrome.phphttp://www.calchrome.com/service_blackchrome.php

yeah thats the only good place i know of..if i were gonna ship them to do that i would go there..I just know shipping will be a ton there and back and that it will take forever...Trying to find something locally or i may just keep rockin them out the way they are..the more i look at them i like them..Just kinda wanna put some more black on my car and to do so would need the right black wheels

tylerxfire

forum member
Reaction score
Fatal error: Call to a member function shareads() on a non-object in /home/s197foru/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php(5737) : eval()'d code on line 11

^^^thats what it says everytime i try to upload these pics...?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa8m23Zu8BI
this doesnt show the flaking since u have to be right up on the wheel but does show the wheels and the car a little..took it earlier when i pulled it out...think i should change them?..the chrome gas door i took off today, hated that thing, lowering it after taxes with clear corners,louvers, shorty antenna and some other things...thinking frpp but not real sure on that yet either..wanna do things once, lol..

i like the look of this car in the pic., its frpp springs, black chrome 18" fr500s.(weird i can upload all other pics here except what i took today with my digital camera)

Attachments

• frpp springs.bmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back