1987 Ford Mustang LX - 351W - Restored Body

mAnYsTyLeS

forum member
Reaction score
FINAL MARKDOWN! Parents want it out of the garage... $6,500 FIRM.

No time for it. No energy. I also just bought a co-op. Car runs VERY strong.

Pics and a video can be found here...

http://forums.corral.net/forums/mustangs-sale-wanted-1987-1993/1334329-1987-mustang-lx-restored-351w-swap.html

NO LOW BALLERS PLEASE! You can schedule an appointment to see and drive the car... just e-mail me. I have nothing to hide unlike other people.
Send all e-mails to [email protected] (take the dashes out, obviously). I don't visit the forums often.

The car has no scratches, dents or rust whatsoever. The car looks AMAZING for being 25 years old - it's a classic in my eyes and is one of the cleanest Foxes I've seen in the tri-state area since I've been into these body styles (2006). In my opinion of course.

SUMMARY:

This Fox started its life as a 4 cylinder red LX (insurance is CHEAP). Over time, it has transformed into a beastly work of art (lol). The previous owner spent a lot of time and money on restoring its body and interior.

The following exterior body parts were replaced with new authentic Ford products... windows, front and rear bumpers, hatch, headlights, cowl vent grille, hood (Cervinis 4" Cowl), black wheel well liners, spoiler (Cervinis Saleen wing) and ALL rubber and weather-stripping (EXCEPT the run-channel). There is absolutely no rust or rot throughout this entire vehicle which is one of the reasons why I purchased it.

The interior was initially red but was completely removed and dyed black. The door panels were replaced with new ones from Latemodel Restoration. All door handles, latches, locks, etc. are brand new and work. The headliner, carpet, visors and mats are also brand new. All buttons and electronics throughout the vehicle are fully operational. There are aftermarket gauges for oil and water temperature, including a 5" pedestal tach on the dash (with shift-light). The face-plate for the stock gauges was changed to white to match the others. There is a Pioneer head-unit and every stock speaker was replaced with JL Audio speakers. This is all powered by an OPTIMA RedTop battery placed in a battery box fastened in the trunk.

As for the engine, driveline, etc., the 4 cylinder was swapped out for the highly sought after V8 351W.

-The heads are stock Windsor but have been ported and polished.
-There is a Holley intake with a Barry Grant, Demon 650 CFM 4-Barrel Carburetor.
-The cams are custom but I don't have any info on them.
-The rockers and springs are new FRPP (1.73 I believe).
-Brand new MSD box.
-Rebuilt MSD distributor.
-Brand new Be Cool radiator.
-Brand new Lincoln Mark VIII fan.
-Brand new heavy duty fan-relay setup.
-Brand new Thermostat.
-TREMEC 3550.
-Centerforce clutch.
-Brand new Holley blue pump with a sumped stock gas tank with all new stainless steel fuel lines and fittings throughout the car.
-Brand new fuel filter and housing.
-Ford Racing one-piece aluminum drive-shaft.
-Ford 8.8 rear end.
-Auburn posi unit.
-3.73 Ford Racing gears with brand new LPW girdle.
-Beefed up axles but I'm not sure which ones.
-Flaming River steering box and/or shaft (not sure).
-Shorty headers and full Flowmaster dual exhaust.

For suspension and brakes, the car has...

-Brand new Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs.
-Brand new Eibach Pro-Kit struts/shocks.
-Brand new spring isolators.
-Brand new Maximum Motorsports CC plates (with alignment).
-Brand new Maximum Motorsports full length sub-frame connectors (welded in).
-Welded torque boxes.
-Summit Racing lower control arms.
-V8 spindles powder coated black with brand new spindle nut kit and end caps.
-Brand new V8 brake calipers powder coated black with white running pony.
-Brand new S/S brake lines.
-Brand new S/S caliper bushings.
-Brand new caliper mounting bolts.
-Brand new PowerSlot rotors with hats and veins painted black.
-Brand new OEM brake pads.
-Brand new dust shields powder coated black.
-Brand new brake drums powder coated black.
-Brand new Maximum Motorsports high performance brake drum shoes.
-Hurst line lock.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back