1st Time out w/ my Brand New DIB Mustang GT Auto - 100% Stock

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
1st Time out w/ my Brand New DIB '13 Mustang GT Auto - 100% Stock

It's all about the launch...

450 miles on the Odometer, No mods... 100% stock and I did not even check the tire pressure...

drove right off of I-95 and into the tech lanes and made the 12.86 at 111 mph pass w/ no cool down.

got 27 mpg driving home...

See the timeslip attached.

Also, turned Traction Control completely off and had it "Sport Shift Mod" and DID NOT USE the 'select a shift'...just let it shift on it's own.

(I gotta figure-out the burnout...I clearly don't know what the hell I am doing when it comes to spinning the tires while not moving...I realize the computer won't allow a burnout... but I thought that was not the case w/ TCC turned off)

Last edited:

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
Deep Impact Blue...I realize the color of the car is meaningless for this thread... but there might have been someone at Cecil this evening that might have seen me..

The American Muscle dudes was there filming a black 5.0 that ran mid 12's.

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
BAK... did you run you car in sport shift mode or in D? what was your 60 ft time?

How did you leave the line... power brake at what rpm and floor it? or feather it out of the hole?

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Tim, you should really consider bringing it down to MIR for the track rental we have setup on October 12! Will be a great day from practice! Maybe we can even get Steve to come down with the Porsche.

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
Yes.. that would be fun. I dont even know if Steve has his car back. If I did come, I would bring my blown 07 GT...Is MIR particular when it comes to running the high 10's w/o a roll bar?

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Generally the track rental events are much more lax Tim. I however have ran low 11's at one of our last events with no boot. I think you will be fine!

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
BAK... did you run you car in sport shift mode or in D? what was your 60 ft time?

How did you leave the line... power brake at what rpm and floor it? or feather it out of the hole?

The 2012 cars don't have sport shift mode. I did a quick burnout just to clean off the tires, left them at 32 pounds air pressure. When staging I footbraked the car up to around 1500 rpm then just floored it when leaving. 60 foot time was 2.007 and just left the car in drive and let the tranny do the work. Turned traction control off by hitting the button one time.

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
You had better air than when I ran mine stock. Same 60' with me only cleaning the tires. Ran a 13.284 @ 107MPH which corrected to 12.809 @ 111.5mph. My DA was 2979ft.

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
Bmr...yes.. I just checked and my DA was 1525 last night at cecil...

Corrected mine is 12.64 @ 112.9

Are you still on stock tune?

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
Not anymore. Tune makes a big difference

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

rayS197

Reaction score
Tim, you should really consider bringing it down to MIR for the track rental we have setup on October 12! Will be a great day from practice! Maybe we can even get Steve to come down with the Porsche.

Yes.. that would be fun. I dont even know if Steve has his car back. If I did come, I would bring my blown 07 GT...Is MIR particular when it comes to running the high 10's w/o a roll bar?

Waas gonna say the same. Come out and join us. You will be fine.

jonw605

forum member
Reaction score
I would love to get into the 5.0....12's auto/stock....nice

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
To get a '13 base model Mustang GT w/ auto will cost you about $475/month for 72 months at 2.99%... (out the door is ~$31,200)... is you add 301... add another $1,100

That assumes buying at invoice (or a little under) and paying 6% sales tax...

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
Just get a 12 with 0% financing. That's how I got my 11.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
It's all about the launch...

450 miles on the Odometer, No mods... 100% stock and I did not even check the tire pressure...

drove right off of I-95 and into the tech lanes and made the 12.86 at 111 mph pass w/ no cool down.

got 27 mpg driving home...

See the timeslip attached.

Also, turned Traction Control completely off and had it "Sport Shift Mod" and DID NOT USE the 'select a shift'...just let it shift on it's own.

(I gotta figure-out the burnout...I clearly don't know what the hell I am doing when it comes to spinning the tires while not moving...I realize the computer won't allow a burnout... but I thought that was not the case w/ TCC turned off)

That's solid for a legit, no BS, baseline run. Congrats. :thumb:

uncle phil

Reaction score
MY 2013 base a6 gt went a best of [email protected] less than 400 miles on 6/27. To do a stationary burnout with the 13 a6 cars you need to pull the 30 amp abs fuse. If you go to cecil Fri Im planning on going. I have a base race red gt.

limetym

forum member
Reaction score
in order to get a good burnout you have to turn advance track completely off by holding your foot on the brake and holding your traction control button down till you see advance track off on your display. That will let you burn the tires to the wires then.

uncle phil

Reaction score
burnout

in order to get a good burnout you have to turn advance track completely off by holding your foot on the brake and holding your traction control button down till you see advance track off on your display. That will let you burn the tires to the wires then.
Not so with the 2013s I tried that and it still would not allow over 2000 rpms, even went back to the dealer and tried another 13 a6 and same thing. It was kind of cool trying to do burnouts in the parking lot with 2 cars. Finally tech pulled harness at abs pump and all was good.:beer:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back