2 questions

cdavila

forum member
Reaction score
Hey there i am new here and just got a Mineral Grey 05 GT i have 2 questions for you all if i can.

Under the hood by the drivers side head light there is some writing that says [ PDI 6790 12-14-04] it may just be the build date but i was just wondering my second question is that i hve heard these cars have some kind of vapor filter in the airstream by the maf that can be removed for like a 4 hp gain, not much but anything helps, now if i take this out will it set off the check engine light, i was just wondering and thanks this is a good informational site.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
First off welcome abord!

The vapor trap was something that was done for the first few months of production, but was stopped in April of 2005. It's easy enough to check. Just remove your intake tube from the air box and look in the tube. But considering you have a 3 year old car, I would tend to think that if it came with one it probably has already been removed. And no, you won't get a CEL by removing it.

As for the wiring, off the top of my head I don't know. Would have to go look at mine and see if I could tell what you were talking about. And right now I am not conveniently located to the vehicle.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Welcome to S197Forum.com!!

Hawg is dead on about the vapor trap. I got mine in April 2005, and it didn't come with one. And if you're not sure where to look, this pic might help.

Attachments

• intake.jpg
    intake.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 29

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ahh, mine came with one of those annoying things in the inlet tub.

cdavila

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch guys,i will go look in a little while, i am a little slow right now as i had back surgery on tuesday for a herniated disc L5 S1 and i am in a little discomfort, however teh day before the surgery i ran out and got a Mac axle back and istalled it in the garage.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
PDI - Pre Delivery Inspection? It is an acronym I have seen other places...

My 05 has a similar date - november 04 some time if I recall correctly...

cdavila

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Shawn, i had it done because it was a work related injury as well as my left leg was weak and the left thigh was numb due to the herniated disc, it was supposed to be around 1 to 1 1/2 hours but it turned into 2 hour operation due to how much he had to scrape off around the back of the spine.

The pain right now is not too bad with the pain killers, you just have to be very careful not injure the disc before it has a chance to heal, oh and invest in some good stool softners.

cdavila

forum member
Reaction score
trigger point injections worked for about a week taking the pain away but did nothing for teh numbness in my leg so i had no choice, but good luck with your back.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back