20" wheel style O-PINE-YUN...

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
So I'm from Missouri figuratively speaking. Show me. Plenty of repli wheels, plenty of 18's for edge body cars, but few I find for 2005+ cars.

https://www.google.com/search?q=18x...X&ved=0ahUKEwilt86jzpnQAhWDhZAKHbOTDf0QsAQIWA

^^^ Same old repliwheel stuff I have been seeing for 12+ years for 18's less a few options from AR and TSW.

As for tire size I am not interested in the squared up corner carving look. And I certainly have zero interest in a 315-40-18 that has very limited options available, and would bubble out on a 10" wide rim like a fat chick in a pair of hip huggers dressing to go shop at Walmart.

But thanks for the input.
Don't start your search with a model. Look for 18x10's with a 5x114.3 (or 5x4.5, depending on what suppliers you're using) with a +38 or higher offset.

Or just reach out to N4SM.

46addict

Reaction score
Thanks for the need4speed site. Had not seen that one yet. Will give it a gander, but pretty set on the Essens at this point.

Hey the need4speed site is running a sale and you can get the wheels I posted for $110 a piece before shipping. They only come with a 1 year structural warranty but I guess you get what you pay for.

I've since switched over to the 20" 7-spoke Saleens so I'm not a tuner wheel advocate, just stating what's out there for others to see.

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
Cough!

attachment.php

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
If going with the 5 spoke, I would go with Rovos or Vossen and not the Niche or KMC. They are not as concaved and look rather flat.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
If going with the 5 spoke, I would go with Rovos or Vossen and not the Niche or KMC. They are not as concaved and look rather flat.

I was planning on plan B with the Niche Essen, However, I just got called and the elusive KMC 685 District wheel has come in at my local place (FINALLY) so we can check for fitment. We will see how it looks and how deep it really is. Rovo I could almost afford. VOSSEN? OUCH! WAITING FOR A 50% OFF SALE! LOL!

Last edited:

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
Both my fiancee and I have 20's on our Mustangs and think they're a bit big, will be looking into 19s for our next wheels
Gabe - I ordered a set of 20" wheels and tires(separate) what air pressure do you run on your cars- I have heard you always run what the manufacture post on the door jam but I didn't know if this applies when switching wheel diameter- car was built with 18" wheels from factory- these are summer tires that will be just cruised not road tracked.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
We run about 32 psi in the front tires and 28-30 in the rears but that's only cuz they're drag radials

46addict

Reaction score
I have 275/35/20s on my 7 spoke saleens and I am running 30 in the front (Nitto NT555) and 26-28 in the rear (Pirelli P Zero). This seems to be the only way to use the whole width of the tire on a stock suspension and full weight car. When I go to the track with drag radials I drop them to 18-19.

When the Nittos wear out I plan on running Pirellis on each corner for street use.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I went with Vossen CV3-R's in gloss graphite. I think that color would look killer on your white car with metallic charcoal stripes.

sdleo29

forum member
Reaction score
I went with Vossen CV3-R's in gloss graphite. I think that color would look killer on your white car with metallic charcoal stripes.

Scott, your car looks absolutely fantastic; my favorite S197 on the forum , well done !!

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
^^^ Man that looks great! Well guess what? Went in to do fitment on the wheels today and the KMC's still stick out too far for my liking even with the +45mm offset. Don;t get it. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...I looked over and on another car was a set of Vossen VFS2's. And they were loaded up with 305/30/20's out back and 265 series up front. Evenrything sat tucked in very nicely. I said, (not knowing they were Vossens) "Man, now those wheels sit awesome on that Mustang. Sure wish I could get that look on my car'", The manager piped up. "Those are a take off setup I have laying around. I'll make you a deal. They're Vossens 20's". needless to say I backed off knowing I was looking at $700 a piece wheels. After some talking and looking at a few other options on the car they had there, I was still liking these Vossens. So for fun we put them on the car. "I can color match them and do a Satin or eggshell finish on them for you. That woudld look killer", Chris stated. They looked great on the car but the Bronze Vossen used was a bit harsh for my liking. The fronts even are concave. That is hard to find and still tuck in all the way around even wit hteh 305 on the back and 265 up front. So out of curiosity I asked for a price. A little wheeling and dealing later, and I have a custom painted set of Vossen VFS2's going on the car next week color matched to the Charcoal Gray stripes on the car in a Satin finish with 555G2 series wheels 305/30/20's in back and 255/35/20's up front. Below is a photo of the rear wheel that will be repainted. The set have about 150 miles on them.
jVisSyK.gif

Needless to say I almost feel like I came out ahead like a Rock Star. Sorry won't disclose the price but it wasn't much more than the original package.

Last edited:

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
That's odd. Are you sure they sent the correct offset? I know you said they were having availability issues.

Yes Sir. Measured the backspacing @ 7.52" and verified the part number as well for offset. They may have worked for someone who wants their wheels to sit further out like that running a 275 - 295 wheel, but it didn't tuck in enough to suit me and a 305 would have hung out like Joe Dirt big time. I took a plumb lime and a 24" level with me to use as a straight edge along with the tape measure.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
What were the specs on the KMC and on the Vossens?

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
They were +45mm offset wheels 20x10.5" according to the stamp on the backside of the hub. I pulled the same spec for the only 5x4.5" bolt pattern from elementwheels.com. The KMC had the same offset rim and dia.

There was a clear difference in how the Vossen mounted and fit on the car compared to the KMC in the same diameter(20"), rim width (10.5"), and offset(+45mm). We all stood looking at the fitment of the Vossen compared to the fitment of the KMC and were baffled how they fit so differently with the very same size specs. I guess its similar to shoes. Some run smaller some run larger in the same size. I just bought a pair of New Balance in 9.5's (the size I normally wear) and they are too short. Should have tried them on before assuming. IDK.

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
They were +45mm offset wheels 20x10.5" according to the stamp on the backside of the hub. I pulled the same spec for the only 5x4.5" bolt pattern from elementwheels.com. The KMC had the same offset rim and dia.

There was a clear difference in how the Vossen mounted and fit on the car compared to the KMC in the same diameter(20"), rim width (10.5"), and offset(+45mm). We all stood looking at the fitment of the Vossen compared to the fitment of the KMC and were baffled how they fit so differently with the very same size specs. I guess its similar to shoes. Some run smaller some run larger in the same size. I just bought a pair of New Balance in 9.5's (the size I normally wear) and they are too short. Should have tried them on before assuming. IDK.

Did you actually see the 45mm stamp on the back of the KMC wheel or just looked it up on that site and assumed that's what you had?
Cuz the 20x10.5 KMC's are available in a 35mm offset as well as a 45mm, so if you had a 35mm wheel on there that would certainly be a good reason why they'd stick out Joe Dirt style ...
http://www.kmcwheels.com/wheelSpecs/4165/1383/12703/km685-district

Surprised to see that LMR sells the 35mm version: https://lmr.com/item/LRS-68520512735/KMC-685-District-Wheel-20x105-Mustang-Satin-Black-05-14

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back