2005-2009 Mustang Grille

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
I REALLY like the aftermarket grilles for the 05-09 V6 mustangs but for us GT owners, the only aftermarket grille options are overlays and inserts. Nuts to that.

I wanted to see once and for all how a V6 grille would fit in a GT bumper and well frankly, it doesn't.

The mounting tabs are not the same on the bottom. The side mounting tabs are in the same spot but the grille is narrow and will not mount to them. The V6 grille is also a tiny bit shorter and when clipped into the upper retainers lifts off the bumper slightly so there are gaps all the way around. Here are the side gaps:

epebeba6.jpg

ahahytyh.jpg

To get the V6 grille to fit right in a GT bumper, you would have to cut the mounting tab lip out of the GT bumper so the V6 grille could sit back in the well, cut up a V6 bumper to make pillar covers to close the side gaps, and figure out a way to secure the grille to the bumper since there would be no more tabs. Not worth it unfortunately even though the aftermarket V6 grilles are soo killer. Or just deal with the gaps and tape it in I guess.

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't I be serious? I'd love this aftermarket V6 grille in my GT minus the halo fogs.

5ybynese.jpg

Kalatrax

forum member
Reaction score
Have you been on American Muscle??? There are grilles identical to that "minus the fogs" for the GT.

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
Have you been on American Muscle??? There are grilles identical to that "minus the fogs" for the GT.

They are all overlays so you still have honeycomb behind it. The V6 grilles are full replacement grilles that are nice and clean. I didn't mean I don't want fogs I meant I don't want angel eye fog lights.

If they make a full replacement GT grille please let me know because I haven't found any. The agent 47 I haven't seen yet. I assume it too is an overlay though right?

And I don't know what TTOTD or whatever the hell that was means.

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
Don't know exactly what you mean about an overlay, but the Agent 47 Grill is a ground up design that caught my eye a few years ago.

I liked the outward spaced fogs, and the high flow design that gets rid of that solid honeycomb style ford likes.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/agent47-2005-hiflow-grille.html

Look at the customer pics. The "bat" you see isn't attached when you get it. For obvious reasons, I didn't install it....

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
Take a look at the Agent 47 grill.

Just looked. It's cool that its a replacement full grille but I don't much care for it.

I just don't like the overlays much. They aren't flush with the fog light surrounds and you can see all the honeycomb behind it. Both of which don't like so that's why I was looking at the full replacement V6 grilles.

Didn't realize I was the only one that didn't like our GT grille options. Damn me for thinking differently ha.

Don't know exactly what you mean about an overlay, but the Agent 47 Grill is a ground up design that caught my eye a few years ago.

I liked the outward spaced fogs, and the high flow design that gets rid of that solid honeycomb style ford likes.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/agent47-2005-hiflow-grille.html

Look at the customer pics. The "bat" you see isn't attached when you get it. For obvious reasons, I didn't install it....

Yeah I did go look and its cool that its a full replacement grille I just don't like it for my car.

An overlay is a piece that snaps or bolts on over the existing stock grille. Overlay, insert, same thing. I just don't like them.

Last edited by a moderator:

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
someone needs to come out with 2 grilles.

1. bullitt knockoff without the little metal trim piece. just a grille with fog and running horse delete that fits into the stock GT fascia.

2. GT style grille for GT's without the running horse but keep the fogs and open the rest of the grille up for better airflow.

so far no one has produced these and im surprised that they haven't tried as the bullit grille was a huge seller until they ran out and the one guy on here who made the grille without the running pony but kept the foglights.

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
someone needs to come out with 2 grilles.

1. bullitt knockoff without the little metal trim piece. just a grille with fog and running horse delete that fits into the stock GT fascia.

2. GT style grille for GT's without the running horse but keep the fogs and open the rest of the grille up for better airflow.

so far no one has produced these and im surprised that they haven't tried as the bullit grille was a huge seller until they ran out and the one guy on here who made the grille without the running pony but kept the foglights.

I "made" one for renesis07. Basically just cut everything out of a stock grille and mounted the billet insert recessed in the frame where it should sit. I liked it but it was a lot of work. Might have to do it again though. I'll try to find some pics.

Honestly though what part of this thread is tech to you?

Are you serious? Did you read the sticky at all?

"This section is for the discussion of technical related topics, i.e. installing parts, upgrading parts, diagnosing trouble, etc. actual physical wrenching or trouble shooting by you.

It is not for discussion of which part to buy or what exhaust sounds best.

I've had to move a lot of threads of late that should not have been posted in this section.

Please consider the section before you post a new thread.

Thank you for attention to this issue."

I installed a part to address a cosmetic issue on the GT. This thread is sharing my findings. Where's the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
The sticky probably shouldnt say "installing parts" then.

Anyway, here is the grille I made for a friend. I think I'll either do this again or use the plastic overlay and paint it black.

ypahu4e9.jpg

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
I'm just not a fan. Now if I had a stupid amount of money I'd buy the roush 9 bar and cut the fogs out to fit it in the agent 47 grille. That would look pretty good.

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
I "made" one for renesis07. Basically just cut everything out of a stock grille and mounted the billet insert recessed in the frame where it should sit. I liked it but it was a lot of work. Might have to do it again though. I'll try to find some pics.

Are you serious? Did you read the sticky at all?

"This section is for the discussion of technical related topics, i.e. installing parts, upgrading parts, diagnosing trouble, etc. actual physical wrenching or trouble shooting by you.

It is not for discussion of which part to buy or what exhaust sounds best.

I've had to move a lot of threads of late that should not have been posted in this section.

Please consider the section before you post a new thread.

Thank you for attention to this issue."

I installed a part to address a cosmetic issue on the GT. This thread is sharing my findings. Where's the problem?

The tech section of this forum is heavily guarded and has to be a 'real' issue for the thread to be acceptable, or at least I've learned. I've noticed that more people are interested in posting 'not tech' then actually helping or discussing the 'small' issues. That being said, the tech section is great if you actually have a real problem or something along those lines.

The sticky probably shouldnt say "installing parts" then.

Anyway, here is the grille I made for a friend. I think I'll either do this again or use the plastic overlay and paint it black.

ypahu4e9.jpg

MMMMM..... love my grill

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
No worries. If it wasn't techy enough they would have and did move it. Oh well whatever. I didn't write the sticky.

Some people just can't use big boy words and explain the problem they have with a post or location of a post and would rather just type acronyms and vague criticizing comments.

Anyway, I love your grille too haha and might have to make myself one.

06LimeGT

forum member
Reaction score
No worries. If it wasn't techy enough they would have and did move it. Oh well whatever. I didn't write the sticky.

Some people just can't use big boy words and explain the problem they have with a post or location of a post and would rather just type acronyms and vague criticizing comments.

Anyway, I love your grille too haha and might have to make myself one.

:dead2::popcorneat:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back