2005 Roush Supercharged Legend Lime GT

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
I dont know if you looked at the title check ebay is giving it but you may want to check into it if its false information

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I saw that. I had a Carfax run on before I bought it and then again about a year ago and came back clean both times. I am trying to get eBay to remove it.

RH

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That "Autocheck" mentions something about damage being reported during an auction?? I have been all over this car top to bottom and had the car checked at a body shop. There isn't ANY frame damage or signs of any wreck...only the paint work I mentioned. I suppose it's possible that the car was in an accident...but there aren't any signs of damage that would indicate any frame damage. Aprons are straight frame rails everything is OEM. I've replaced most of the front and rear suspension and everything looked bone stock and original right down to the fasteners.

I will put the car on a lift and take any pictures needed if I have an interested party.

RH

Last edited:

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Car is worth your asking price all day. Hopefully you'll find buyer.

Are you moving on to a fiveOh?

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I believe I have figured out what is going on. I have contacted the records departemnt in Anderson, IN to confirm though.

I pulled this off of eBay....sounds familiar.

"Assuming a car has been frame damaged because of an announcement at an auction is a mistake. Especially if it is a lease return. Lease companies and banks sell their lease returns at the major auto auction houses like Manheim. They do not want the dealer who buys a car to have recourse to return a vehicle that they think may have had some damage.
Often a bumper cover will have minor damage and it is announced as frame unibody damage. Even though there is no history on either Carfax or Autocheck of an accident. When you look at the car history if there is no accident history reported then the auction announcement is likely nothing more than a banker preventing a buyer from having recourse against the bank.
To assume the worst in these cases is a mistake. Professional buyers and dealers know that bankers are often wrong about this issue and buy these announced cars knowing they may get a better price. Smart buyers will have the car looked at before they buy and also get a better deal."

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I believe I have figured out what is going on. I have contacted the records departemnt in Anderson, IN to confirm though.

"Assuming a car has been frame damaged because of an announcement at an auction is a mistake. Especially if it is a lease return. Lease companies and banks sell their lease returns at the major auto auction houses like Manheim. They do not want the dealer who buys a car to have recourse to return a vehicle that they think may have had some damage.
Often a bumper cover will have minor damage and it is announced as frame unibody damage. Even though there is no history on either Carfax or Autocheck of an accident. When you look at the car history if there is no accident history reported then the auction announcement is likely nothing more than a banker preventing a buyer from having recourse against the bank.
To assume the worst in these cases is a mistake. Professional buyers and dealers know that bankers are often wrong about this issue and buy these announced cars knowing they may get a better price. Smart buyers will have the car looked at before they buy and also get a better deal."

It sounded screwy to me. I can't understand how an auction announcement can be taken as fact.

This must be why carfax doesn't report it. They would probably be liable for reporting false information.

GLWS

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score

This is true. I buy a ton of cars online through auctions and I've noticed that any car with any sort of damage to the quarter panels has frame/structural damage reported. Auctions use autocheck not carfax, that's why it only shows on autocheck. It is pretty ridiculous, but you can contact autocheck about having it fixed.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back