2006 Mustang GT E-85 Conversion

blahdo_s197gt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm looking to convert to E-85 as it's readily available in my town here in California. What's needed to convert to E-85, I know i'll need new injectors, and a dyno tune, is that all?

For anyone who has done an e-85 conversion that would be great if you could chime in and help me out!

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I'm looking to convert to E-85 as it's readily available in my town here in California. What's needed to convert to E-85, I know i'll need new injectors, and a dyno tune, is that all?

For anyone who has done an e-85 conversion that would be great if you could chime in and help me out!

If it's stock all that should be needed is the fuel and a tune. Next up would be a bap and injectors. You can find 34lb stock coyote injectors fairly cheap and they will work just fine.

Dyno tunes are overrated imo. If I wasn't doing my own tuning I'd go with lito. All you really need is for the stoich to be changed to 9.8. To get the most out of it spark tables should be adjusted along with commanded fuel. The stock tune is pretty rich.

All you will make from a stock 4.6 3v is about 10/10rwhp/tq. It is a safer fuel than gasoline and works well in high temp areas because it cools.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
They would be more than sufficient. Like I said before I'm fairly certain the stock injectors will flow enough for you. Stock are 24lbs. Pick up a set of take off coyote 34lb for around $100 or cobra 39lb. That's all you will need. I made the 437rwhp in my sig with 34lb coyote take offs that came from Roush Performance for $50.

blahdo_s197gt

forum member
Reaction score
They would be more than sufficient. Like I said before I'm fairly certain the stock injectors will flow enough for you. Stock are 24lbs. Pick up a set of take off coyote 34lb for around $100 or cobra 39lb. That's all you will need. I made the 437rwhp in my sig with 34lb coyote take offs that came from Roush Performance for $50.

Okay so other than the coyote injectors and some dyno tuning I should be just fine running e85?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Yes. Everything in your car is ethanol compatible. Here are some coyote injectors for $120 a set http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Injector-Ford-Mustang-11-12-13-14-OEM-BR3E-9F593A-M-9593-LU34A-0280158277-/181495626226?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AMustang&hash=item2a41fb79f2&vxp=mtr

You may not need them though. The stock injectors might do just fine, not sure. I know that Justin VMP has done e85 with a stock 4.6 3v and didn't change the injectors out. Make sure of your tuner when you go with the 34lb because it isn't a value file so your tuner will have to be smart enough to tune injectors or have the coyote file available.

You might also need a bap or larger pump. Probably not. I ran 408rwhp supercharged with the stock pump before. That should be enough headroom for your setup.

Are you planning anything else in the future? It might make sense to get larger injectors now instead of buying them a few times for each upgrade.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother with the switch based on your mods, unless your just looking for less fuel economy. There are plenty of mods out there still that can get you 10hp.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother with the switch based on your mods, unless your just looking for less fuel economy. There are plenty of mods out there still that can get you 10hp.

Fully agree. If your not running a high HP and high boost setup it's a complete waste of time, money and fuel mileage on a N/A setup.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

exactly why I asked my question in the second post.... not worth the costs

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score

C'mon Jeremy!
At least sell him some of your purty billet fuel rails.
Sounds like he's just itching to spend some money, anyway.

:thumb:

nola504boy

forum member
Reaction score
Yes. Everything in your car is ethanol compatible. Here are some coyote injectors for $120 a set http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Injector-Ford-Mustang-11-12-13-14-OEM-BR3E-9F593A-M-9593-LU34A-0280158277-/181495626226?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AMustang&hash=item2a41fb79f2&vxp=mtr

You may not need them though. The stock injectors might do just fine, not sure. I know that Justin VMP has done e85 with a stock 4.6 3v and didn't change the injectors out. Make sure of your tuner when you go with the 34lb because it isn't a value file so your tuner will have to be smart enough to tune injectors or have the coyote file available.

You might also need a bap or larger pump. Probably not. I ran 408rwhp supercharged with the stock pump before. That should be enough headroom for your setup.

Are you planning anything else in the future? It might make sense to get larger injectors now instead of buying them a few times for each upgrade.

What's a bap?

nola504boy

forum member
Reaction score
It increases voltage to the pump from 13-14volts to up to 17-21 volts depending on the model to increase fuel pump flow.

OK thanks guys. Someone said if I decide to go from 100 shot to a 150 shot I need to change to a bap. I didn't know what he was talking about. When I asked him he just typed lol wow you're a noob. Dude was a dick basically, thats why I love this forum over all others. Everyone helps each other instead of bashing.

But anyway is that true what he was saying dof I need to? Sorry OP not trying to jack your thread brother BTW.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Maybe, if its a wet shot your likely fine. I would run a wire upgrade though, cheap and easy mod to get more out of the fuel system.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back