2007 Mustang GT engine swap or build current motor

OX1

forum member
Reaction score
Little motor, big motor, the results are the same, once you add the blower. Both make more power.

One can most likely do 500 Gross HP on 87, the other has zero chance. Makes a big difference if you like to drive a lot.

whitmanink

Reaction score
How the hell ur gonna get 1200 hp out of a 4.6 is beyond me.

i wouldnt say that,, id say more along the lines of, "1200hp is unreliable in a 4.6 , stick with less than 800rwhp, with a forged internals and a new crank , and a big twin screw , or a big turbo will get you there,, but not after upgrading the whole drivetrain,, it can be done ,, how much you want to spend and how reliable do you want

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Last edited:

linderpat

Reaction score
Good discussion. Only thing I'll add is that there was no GT 350 in 2007. It is just a Shelby GT. Great car out of the wrapper by the way. I never cared much for big HP, and the SGT was a fun car. Wish I still had mine.

Mustang dog

forum member
Reaction score
I’m in the middle of coyote swapping my 07 GT. Car used to a built, stroked boosted, corn fed 4.75, 3v. I went as quick as 138mph in the 1/4, with a stick car. The car would have been a 140-142 trap car. So why the swap?… easy

The car was ass to drive on the st, and the support for the 3v in the aftermarket world is not what it used to be.

My Gen 2 coyote on corn, exhaust, springs and 10-12psi, will do 850-900 comfortably, and be a whole lot easier to drive. The support is great with a ton of tuning options, like lund, palm beach etc.
However, the swap is not cheap.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back