2008 GT 5 speed "ELEANOR"- rebuild thread

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Oh, I was thinking he was dumping that sweet GT500.

If he has the skills to rebuild and paint and keep the overhead down, go for it!

madrussian

T-101
Reaction score
Got a new toy, it's actually up for grabs. Will be looking for a saleen or roush soon.
4b483a3c-29fc-38a8.jpg

4b483a3c-2a15-d7b2.jpg

4b483a3c-2a27-7163.jpg

Painted candy apple red, 26" versante wheels with 305 wide tires, HIDs, LEDs and 53k miles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while taking a shit

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I'm sorry but please tell me what possessed you to make you want to put those rims on there? Yuck

Boozshey

Reaction score
SPOT THE RICE.. Quick someone copy these pics over to their... haha... ;)

madrussian

T-101
Reaction score
What you see is exactly how I got it, 26s are gigantic and personally I would not purchase them, but they were already on the truck and frankly they don't look that bad on this particular vehicle.

cop on my back

forum member
Reaction score
Man, I just quickly scanned over this whole thread. I think if I have a project in the future I will keep it to myself. What a bunch of synical, ignorant fools on here. Seems most on here should live by "if you have nothing nice to say, keep it to yourself".

I think you did great on that repair job. You saw a way to make a few bucks to work towards a goal of getting a 500 and it worked as planned. Lots of hard work and you never gave up, even with all the naysayers on here.

Keep it up, you will get to that goal.

Ampire

3 valve
Reaction score
Nice thread. I agree that it was a risky move, but it was well played. The car turned out beautiful.

For all the people doubting that it was a profitable venture at the beginning, take a look at the people that modify their cars, dumping $10-15k into them only to sell the car two years later at 50% of the money "invested".

Reaction score
Man, I just quickly scanned over this whole thread. I think if I have a project in the future I will keep it to myself. What a bunch of synical, ignorant fools on here. Seems most on here should live by "if you have nothing nice to say, keep it to yourself".

I think you did great on that repair job. You saw a way to make a few bucks to work towards a goal of getting a 500 and it worked as planned. Lots of hard work and you never gave up, even with all the naysayers on here.

Agreed.

The Russian got the last laugh.

madrussian

T-101
Reaction score
Thank you all, I think it's a cool way to earn few extra bucks and keep it in circulation towards a better car. I got to own a different car for a few month, have fun with it, learn a thing or two about it and then move on to something new and explore that all over. Some of the vehicles I would like to go through in the near future would be: evo, sti, escalade, m5, m3, gto, newer a8, 370z or g37.

Zrxpilot

forum member
Reaction score
Nice job. Like you said..you got to play the game with something cool and made out allright in the end. For that experience, even breaking even is not so bad.

The trick to this buisiness is to be always looking. The really good deals arent advertised. I picked up an 05 Hyundai XG 350 with like 55,000 on it hit very light in the left front. New bumper cover, headlight.....$1,500 later and now the wifes driving it. Loves it. Got 5k total into it. Got stung on this one a bit due to the rarity of the parts. This never happens with a Mustang. Stick with what you know.

Turbolvr321

Reaction score

Same here, and I agree. I am glad to see he came out on top.

madrussian

T-101
Reaction score
Oh shit, was just going over this thread and reading all the dumb ass comments from so called "professionals" and other "know it all" self centered people and thinking how awesome this shit worked out for me! By the way, here id my 2011 SVTP GT500! 2.8 mammoth kenne bell stage 3 arrives this Friday! I guess i won this argument!!!
yryty2ab.jpg

ubube3yj.jpg

pypu5usu.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back