2008 Stage 3 ROUSH - Rebirth...

msb7144

Reaction score
This build must have taken twice as long due to all the photos you have taken, lol. I do thank you for the great detailed pics.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Haha, nah, taking pics did not delay the build. I had plenty of down time...
I like to "document" all my work...just in case I need to double check or look back at what I did. Plus, once its all put back together, there is nothing cool to see. lol

So quick update!!

I am seriously considering replacing my heads for the Ford Racing CNC-polished heads. In addition, seeing how rich the 80lb Ford Racing injectors are running, I will be replacing them with ID1000s. These new injectors I am told have excellent low pulse-width response and will increase my fuel economy drastically compared to the Ford Racing. Obviously at a cost of 2-3 times the cost of the Ford Racing ones. Although, I am told they will pay for themselves in fuel savings. lol

These injectors are also multi-fuel compatible, meaning they can run with gasoline, E85, or anything other fuels.

So we'll see...

More to come. I will start tearing it down the 3rd week of December!!

I will also be replacing the fuel rails, fuel lines, upgrading rear brakes, and a few other goodies.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
I wont say "I told you so" about the ID1000 over the frpp lol.. :nana1:

I have run the ID1000 injectors on pump, c16 and e85. LOVE them and anyone says different probably only sells other brands.. I do not sell ID1000 only use them! One of the best fuel system investments I have made

Sorry you spent the money on the frpp

Last edited:

Shelty

forum member
Reaction score
damn! what happened to those plugs? is that a combo of oil/running rich?

Ive pulled cleaner plugs out of my old 150,000 mile 5.0 fox....

those plugs look like they have seen 400,000 miles... at the bottom of the ocean.

that aside, amazing build man.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
I wont say "I told you so" about the ID1000 over the frpp lol.. :nana1:

I have run the ID1000 injectors on pump, c16 and e85. LOVE them and anyone says different probably only sells other brands.. I do not sell ID1000 only use them! One of the best fuel system investments I have made

Sorry you spent the money on the frpp

Are they really that much more fuel efficient?
I am told I will see a drastic improvement in MPG.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
damn! what happened to those plugs? is that a combo of oil/running rich?

Ive pulled cleaner plugs out of my old 150,000 mile 5.0 fox....

those plugs look like they have seen 400,000 miles... at the bottom of the ocean.

that aside, amazing build man.

The plugs look like that do to the oil being digested... sigh

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Make sure to use a fuel line that uses a Teflon liner on the inside. I've seen some of the rubber coated lines deteriorate and clog fuel filters and injectors.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Make sure to use a fuel line that uses a Teflon liner on the inside. I've seen some of the rubber coated lines deteriorate and clog fuel filters and injectors.

Will do!!! I got a set of Fore Innovation polished fuel rails dirt cheap...almost free, so I figured I'd put them to use.

My plan after talking with Fore, is to replace everything from the OEM fuel filter to the engine. So the Fore fuel filter will clip into the OEM fuel line from the fuel hat, then use Teflon lines up to the engine bay to a y-block, then run two individual lines for each fuel rail.

Not sure if all this is worth doing as the ROUSH fuel rails have not given me issues at all.

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
Will do!!! I got a set of Fore Innovation polished fuel rails dirt cheap...almost free, so I figured I'd put them to use.

My plan after talking with Fore, is to replace everything from the OEM fuel filter to the engine. So the Fore fuel filter will clip into the OEM fuel line from the fuel hat, then use Teflon lines up to the engine bay to a y-block, then run two individual lines for each fuel rail.

Not sure if all this is worth doing as the ROUSH fuel rails have not given me issues at all.

What fuel pump setup are you running?
Any mods there?

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
OK, I have a quick head question...

So if I get a set of the FRPP CNC-Ported heads that have a 53cc chamber, how does that affect my current 9.8:1 compression? Obviously since the stock heads have a 51cc chamber, these CNC-Ported heads will decrease compression right? But by how much?

Will the decrease compression allow me to increase my boost where I can use my 2.8" pulley; 16-20PSI?
I will also experience a decrease in overall PSI due to the larger ports and increase flow through the heads; right?

Last edited:

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OK, I have a quick head question...

So if I get a set of the FRPP CNC-Ported heads that have a 53cc chamber, how does that affect my current 9.8:1 compression? Obviously since the stock heads have a 51cc chamber, these CNC-Ported heads will decrease compression right? But by how much?

Will the decrease compression allow me to increase my boost where I can use my 2.8" pulley; 16-20PSI?
I will also experience a decrease in overall PSI due to the larger ports and increase flow through the heads; right?

It should drop the compression down to approximatley 9.5-9.6:1

Lowering compression may lower the boost some, being that the compression is going to drop very little I don't think you would see more than 1-2 psi loss even with the CNC porting.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Why are you upgrading the fuel system? Plans for significantly more power?

You referring to the fuel rails...?
Well, I don't need to...but I have these really nice polished rails, since the car will be down, seems like a good opportunity.

Although that's why I asked, is it really going to be worth spending $400 in order to use those nice polished rails. lol

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
You referring to the fuel rails...?
Well, I don't need to...but I have these really nice polished rails, since the car will be down, seems like a good opportunity.

Although that's why I asked, is it really going to be worth spending $400 in order to use those nice polished rails. lol

The new fuel line in particular.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
The new fuel line in particular.

The new fuel line is for simplicity of installation.
With the ROUSH blower, you can't install fuel rails without feeding them from the firewall end, so fuel supply to the rails needs to be a custom setup...thus the new fuel lines.

Some day I hope to run E85 and max out the tune!! lol

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Are you reusing the short block? Did you have any issues with the ring gap?

I haven't torn into the engine yet. But so far my issues seem to be solely with the heads. Once I remove the engine and heads, I can inspect the block, but preliminary inspections suggest the block is fine.

jcw427

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
If you've got it pulled apart I'd have the holes rehoned so it could give you another shot at getting proper ring seal, but I don't know if you have a chance to get proper ring seal if the cylinders don't get honed

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
If you've got it pulled apart I'd have the holes rehoned so it could give you another shot at getting proper ring seal, but I don't know if you have a chance to get proper ring seal if the cylinders don't get honed

You bring up a valid point... May be worth doing since the motor will be apart.

Back