2009 GT500 to 2013 GT500 Conversion and Major Build

swedensky

forum member
Reaction score
From the Factory there are no halogen HEADlights on 13-14 models... None that I've ever seen, and I've seen quite a few working at the dealership...

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice project Rob! Can't wait to see it in person...

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
Halogen is only 2010-2012
Pulled this up the other day, sorry I had to block out certain info.

2010-2014 but as I read it, it is compatibility, not option from factory when bought new.

Halogens:

attachment.php

HIDs:

attachment.php

stang8psi

forum member
Reaction score
no halogens were available for 13-14's.. they all have HID. The 10-12 have halogen as a standard headlight. HID's were an option for 10-12..

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
Right. I retracted as my last post i read the availability as option from ford but its just compatibility listing as our listing n diagrams show

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
Before starting the final fender mods and making them in carbon fiber, this is how the front end looked when it was on and done

attachment.php

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
Part of the delay... tucking ~2" or rim :)

attachment.php

Fenders are done and looking SICK! Custom but looks like they were designed by Ford! You have never seen a conversion fender that looked so good if I dont say so myself! :)

Im starting on the molds this week to make them in carbon fiber :beerchug2:

Last edited:

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
Yup, Thats been the plan for a few years now as I had been buying parts for hte front end since then.

I wish I could post more of it but I have found out that my fenders may be being copied so no more specifics on them until my carbon fiber ones are done. Submitting copyright papers soon, another expense :( , but needs to be done, but I know others have done some version of the conversion fenders but only mine will look like designed by Ford, flow perfect and not an afterthought. No offense to others that have done this but once you see mine you will understand more of what I mean

v8venomgt

forum member
Reaction score
Yup, Thats been the plan for a few years now as I had been buying parts for hte front end since then.

I wish I could post more of it but I have found out that my fenders may be being copied so no more specifics on them until my carbon fiber ones are done. Submitting copyright papers soon, another expense :( , but needs to be done, but I know others have done some version of the conversion fenders but only mine will look like designed by Ford, flow perfect and not an afterthought. No offense to others that have done this but once you see mine you will understand more of what I mean

yikes. sounds like they will be a nice piece. will they require a 10+ core support?

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
Yes, they came out absolutely SICK!! Only a couple people know what they look like so I know exactly where it happened. If they follow through then I will have a Cease and Desist order or they can pay up the fines. I'm putting $20,000+ into this product / project so I have to protect my investment. Some people are absolute backstabbers.

The conversion to a 10+ can go 1 of 2 ways. If you want the 10-14 GT500 then yes the core support needs changing but its not too hard at all to do. If you want to just to a partial conversion you can go up to a 10-12 V6, GT, CS but you have to "modify" your core support which is not how I fly. I would want everything to align properly and on the first try. Other people may not want to do custom mods to it and like a bolt on application instead so more can do the conversion themselves and save money

Last edited:

v8venomgt

forum member
Reaction score
Yikes people are unbelievable. Good luck getting it all sorted out. I'll be really interested in seeing the results when it comes to market and how much cost is associated to the whole project. Its certainly a cool option. I love the gt500/hood and gt500/grille' on the 2013/cars more than any 05-09 options.

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dang Rob, I know that is a small circle of who's involed which really sucks... Hope no one gets over on you...

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Been working hard on this project for a couple years and made allot of progress since starting the actual work last year.

Picking up the conversion fenders tomorrow night and will work on final touches and then make the molds. They really are badass! :drool:

Things are starting to pick up steam so will have more updates soon but if youre bored you can always check out the main detail build thread ;)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back