2009 KR Gear Change Problems

JerseySandy

Reaction score
I just imported a KR to Europe. 200 miles in, I get the dreaded clutch drag symptoms. Wont go into first or second or reverse gear easily. Stiff notchy gear changes.

Tried the pump the pedal (brake & clutch) to try to see if it was air in the line, don't know what else to do.

Will be difficult to resolve warranty as in Europe. The car was built 10/10/08 so I'm surprised there is a problem.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

mblgjr

forum member
Reaction score
Go here and READ!

You can see whether you have the old or new flywheel by inspecting through a small slot...

Also, these trans. are harder to shift when cold and you MUST have the clutch to the floor. Make sure your floormat isn't up under the pedal or anything and you have your seat far enough forward to ensure you're getting it to the floor.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35706

You will need to create an acct/log in to see all the pics.

JerseySandy

Reaction score
Thank you and I had already read the post end to end.

I have the new flywheel as the car was build October 10 2008. I verified that by looking in the inspection slot today.

As a last resort before taking out the tranny, there might be air in the system causing the symptoms.

Anyone any ideas on how to bleed the clutch ? I hear it is a fiddly job with the bleed nipple on the driver side of the tranny, ,which has to me moved around so you can get the nipple loosened.

Any advice on how to do it ?

Kind Regards

mblgjr

forum member
Reaction score
There can be air in the system; but it is usually purged simply by pushing the clutch pedal.

I'm sure it can be bled another way.

I know I've used this tool to bleed the Ranger clutches (little Ford pickup)...

http://www.brakebleeder.com/product.php?pid=1

Great tool to have for brakes too; but I'm sure you can find a better way to bleed it locally.

Best of luck!

KIM_05_GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Make sure you remove the break fluid cap while pumping the clutch to bleed. It worked great when I did my 6060 swap

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back