2010 Mustang Tech Section

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I think with the growing number of 2010 GT's and GT500's out there you guys should make a 2010 specific section under the Tech Forums.

Thanks, Jared

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think that since Ford still recognizes the 2010 year model as a S197 (straight from the Ford engineers at the proving grounds last year) that we should merge the 2010 in to the existing sections.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
I think that since Ford still recognizes the 2010 year model as a S197 (straight from the Ford engineers at the proving grounds last year) that we should merge the 2010 in to the existing sections.

If you insisnt.. haha. No seriously though, other than body panels and intake, I can't see how they're that much different. other than being more ugly. haha. Maybe the 2011 can have it's own forum though...... :whistling:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
My 2 cents still says to limit it to 2005 - 2009 only. But I know I'm in the minority, so WGAF...

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
I vote for lumping them together. Mechanically they're damn near identical to the '05-'09. That's not going to be quite the case in 2011 so I could see splitting it then..

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score

Not 100% true. They've been calling them SN-10 platforms lately.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Not that I continuously look for reasons to debate the subject, but here is the exact quote I am going from since it is being questioned as to where I got the information
2010's are still s197's and that's straight from the ford engineers mouths when I went to the ford proving grounds. Just a change in the body panels, but it's still the same platform according to them.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
so some writer came up with it.... ehh.....

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
It twas HIM................

2010 Mustang First Drive - Pack Ten

It Has The Same Chassis Underneath, But The '10 Mustang-Especially With The Track Pack Option-Feels Like A Whole New Car
May 01, 2009
By Steve Turner

Horse Sense: Believe it or not, Ford engineers and designers had no internal codename for the '10 Mustang. The engineers just call it an S197 and the designers just call it the 2010. I pestered all of them looking for even a nickname, and they all looked at me like I was crazy. Of course, we hardcore Melvins need to call these cars by their codenames. It's an easy way to separate the generations. Since there isn't a name for these cars, I'm gonna throw one out there and see if it sticks. Since the first press releases remarked about the shark-nosed styling and it's the '10 Mustang, I like SN10 as the unofficial codename. Let me know what you think.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL - I guess everyone starts somewhere:

Members: 16, Active Members: 4

Here's the GT tech section:

Attachments

• SN10.JPG
    SN10.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Let's not change anything because we all love our S197's and love to pretend there are no other Mustangs on earth:chainsaw:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I first used that term here about 6 months ago: http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=279487&highlight=SN-10#post279487.

Hey, why don't we reopen the 2010 section, and just put that link there and nothing else! :whistling:

It twas HIM................

2010 Mustang First Drive - Pack Ten

It Has The Same Chassis Underneath, But The '10 Mustang-Especially With The Track Pack Option-Feels Like A Whole New Car
May 01, 2009
By Steve Turner

Horse Sense: Believe it or not, Ford engineers and designers had no internal codename for the '10 Mustang. The engineers just call it an S197 and the designers just call it the 2010. I pestered all of them looking for even a nickname, and they all looked at me like I was crazy. Of course, we hardcore Melvins need to call these cars by their codenames. It's an easy way to separate the generations. Since there isn't a name for these cars, I'm gonna throw one out there and see if it sticks. Since the first press releases remarked about the shark-nosed styling and it's the '10 Mustang, I like SN10 as the unofficial codename. Let me know what you think.
It's not often that I agree with Turner... hahah

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back