2010 Mustang Tech Section

Go-fast

forum member
Reaction score
I think the 2010 section should be reopened. It was easy place to find '10 specific things in one place now gotta search all over.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think the 2010 section should be reopened. It was easy place to find '10 specific things in one place now gotta search all over.

like what is so 2010 specific?

Go-fast

forum member
Reaction score
Like all posts that bbr made bout there project car. All the guys that jus got 2010's and wanting to know what will and won't work from 05-09. We had alot good posts in there in an easy to find spot. Now we gott look all over the board for them.

Let me ask you this. What was the 2010 section hurting??

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Like all posts that bbr made bout there project car. All the guys that jus got 2010's and wanting to know what will and won't work from 05-09. We had alot good posts in there in an easy to find spot. Now we gott look all over the board for them.

Let me ask you this. What was the 2010 section hurting??

The 2010 section wasn't hurting anything. But it also was not necessary.
Just like I told GrabberGT in a PM discussion we had yesterday about this subject. The majority of the posts in the 2010 section were there because one of the admins or mods moved it there from the 2005+ tech section, or the Mustang Chit Chat section in the first place. Hell, even the 2010 guys weren't putting their posts there.

If we are going to have multiple forums for the same platform, then by that logic we should have a 2005-2006 section, a 2007-2009 section, and a 2010 section. Because there were changes made in 07' to certain things that are different from the 05'-06' models. But the 07s are still S197s, right? Now if we were to do that, how many posts about something specific to an 07' do you think we would have to move out of the 05' tech section?

Bottom line is as I said before. In spite of what a magazine writer has said, Ford still recognizes the 2010 as a S197 platform. Shoot, I remember a magazine writer saying the Giants would win the superbowl this year. But that certainly didn't make it true now did it?

When the 2011s come out, they will get a new forum section. They will be a different platform with an entirely different powertrain. But the 2010s are not a new platform.

I apologize to all of you 2010 owners who I have offended by closing the 2010 specific forum. And I apologize publically to GrabberGT for jokingly saying the section was closed because the 2010s were so damn ugly and him having a stick up his ass and taking it personally and feeling the need to want to spat with me via PMs about it.

Last edited:

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
...I remember a magazine writer saying the Giants would win the superbowl this year...

Somehow, I doubt that also.

San_Francisco_Giants.jpg

GrabberGt

Pappa Smurf
Reaction score
The 2010 section wasn't hurting anything. But it also was not necessary.
Just like I told GrabberGT in a PM discussion we had yesterday about this subject. The majority of the posts in the 2010 section were there because one of the admins or mods moved it there from the 2005+ tech section, or the Mustang Chit Chat section in the first place. Hell, even the 2010 guys weren't putting their posts there.

If we are going to have multiple forums for the same platform, then by that logic we should have a 2005-2006 section, a 2007-2009 section, and a 2010 section. Because there were changes made in 07' to certain things that are different from the 05'-06' models. But the 07s are still S197s, right? Now if we were to do that, how many posts about something specific to an 07' do you think we would have to move out of the 05' tech section?

Bottom line is as I said before. In spite of what a magazine writer has said, Ford still recognizes the 2010 as a S197 platform. Shoot, I remember a magazine writer saying the Giants would win the superbowl this year. But that certainly didn't make it true now did it?

When the 2011s come out, they will get a new forum section. They will be a different platform with an entirely different powertrain. But the 2010s are not a new platform.

I apologize to all of you 2010 owners who I have offended by closing the 2010 specific forum. And I apologize publically to GrabberGT for jokingly saying the section was closed because the 2010s were so damn ugly and him having a stick up his ass and taking it personally and feeling the need to want to spat with me via PMs about it.

thank you hangman ,the 2010 mustangs may have s197 frame but they are no where close to a 05-09 theres alot thats new ,nothing is the same inside,or outside,trust me i have tryed they really did make it all new

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thank you hangman ,the 2010 mustangs may have s197 frame but they are no where close to a 05-09 theres alot thats new ,nothing is the same inside,or outside,trust me i have tryed they really did make it all new

No actually they have the exact same drive train, same frame. Your talking about different interior bits and quite honestly, that doesn't make it a different enough car. Is there any reason you felt it necessary to bring back a month old thread about a decision that not only has been made, but is not gonig to be reversed either?

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What about the whole "New Edge" terminolgy for the 99-04's; were they technically "New Edge" or "SN-95"? I forgot if New Edge was the actual term for them, or if they were actually still SN-95's.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
What about the whole "New Edge" terminolgy for the 99-04's; were they technically "New Edge" or "SN-95"? I forgot if New Edge was the actual term for them, or if they were actually still SN-95's.

Nope, still considered SN-95 platform............ with a new edge to them. lol.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back