2011 " Give em Hellion"

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
Dynamic [boost] compression ratio is the compression measured dynamically (under operating conditions) with forced induction. Say you are running 11:1 compression and you add 10lbs of pressure to the mix. At that point, with standard the compression and the 10lbs of pressure you added, your dynamic compression would be in excess of 16:1 requiring C-16. Now, the exact same engine with the exact same estimated VE (volumetric efficiency) but with a, 8.5:1 compression would have an approximate DCR of ~12:1 under 10lbs and require 104 octane. This is assuming the engine would hold that, which it won’t in stock form. The TiVCT just varies the valve timing independently for both better performance and economy.

Note: these are estimates are just rough carpentry for explation purposes and the octane requirements listed did not take into account IAT, ignition timing or anything else. I did take into account an intake valve event (closing at ABDC 52°?) and altitude.

So, how come you can run even 5lbs of boost on our cars, stock internals, and do it on 91 octane? Is this saying that when the car is tuned to run 5lbs of boost on 91 octane, that the maximum timing is not used? I need to go to school for this shit lol... I'll never get it.

Corpo

I
Reaction score
Direct port fuel injection. Don't the new 5.0's use that? Similar to the Eco boost engines, spraying fuel right into the combustion chamber allows for cooler combustion chamber temps and a higher cr under boost. Maybe the turbo kit will suprise us :D

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back