2011 " Give em Hellion"

2006torquefreak

forum member
Reaction score
I was on hellions site this morning hellionpowersystems.com and noticed they have a kit coming soon for the 2011 5.0. No info yet but coming soon. Man I can't wait to see what kind of results their kit brings to the new 5.0..:thumb2:

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
And your point? Low boost can be run on 11:1 compression and make nice power. Whipple already has a kit for the car that boost engine power to 600.
right. i want to dish out over $5k to run maybe 5lbs of intecooled boost with no timing and fat tune just to make sure the motor stays together...even then, the risk is just too high,esp with pump gas.

and if 11:1 isnt a big deal, then why doesnt everybody just build forged motors with that CR and then run blowers on them instead of 9.0-8.5 motors? because its safer.

2006torquefreak

forum member
Reaction score
Ok know it all! 5psi would make like 500+ rwhp. That is 130+ over stock. Sounds like a reasonable increase and also in the ballpark of what many people run over stock on a stock bottom end 4.6 even on this forum. And also remember we still don't know the potential of these motors because they are still new. But I guess someone should tell all the power adder companies to hold off because you said so.
right. i want to dish out over $5k to run maybe 5lbs of intecooled boost with no timing and fat tune just to make sure the motor stays together...even then, the risk is just too high,esp with pump gas.

and if 11:1 isnt a big deal, then why doesnt everybody just build forged motors with that CR and then run blowers on them instead of 9.0-8.5 motors? because its safer.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
...and if 11:1 isnt a big deal, then why doesnt everybody just build forged motors with that CR and then run blowers on them instead of 9.0-8.5 motors? because its safer.
Ok know it all! ....I guess someone should tell all the power adder companies to hold off because you said so.
Uh, you are both correct. Anything more than that on the 11:1 would be disasterous with those rods and pistons.

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
Ok know it all! 5psi would make like 500+ rwhp. That is 130+ over stock. Sounds like a reasonable increase and also in the ballpark of what many people run over stock on a stock bottom end 4.6 even on this forum. And also remember we still don't know the potential of these motors because they are still new. But I guess someone should tell all the power adder companies to hold off because you said so.
lol. unbunch your panties sweetheart...im just trying to explain that its not a good idea to run forced induction on a 11:1 motor that doesnt have a forged rotating assembly on pump gas.

call any shop and tell them "hi, im 2006torquefreak...i would like you to build me a motor with 11:1 CR and add a turbo to it. NO i dont want 9 or even 10:1, i want 11:1CR and pump gas!"

they probably would not be too keen on the idea. is a turbo gonna add over 130 hp on a stock 4v? absolutely...everyone knows 4v's love boost...and the higher CR just helps because you make more hp per lb boost with a higher CR...but that works against you, in the fact that in order to keep the motor alive certain compromises must be made...i.e. less timing, more fuel...and even then with pump gas its still not a good idea. yes we dont know what these new motors are capable of handling...so hey someone has to throw their nuts on the table and find out (JPC?) and my hats off to them...us Stang guys are addicted to boost thats a fact.

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
+1. Of course we can always just get the turbo, run it as safely as possible until we get the forged bottom end....riiiiight? haha

2006torquefreak

forum member
Reaction score
I'm ok cupcake...lol. we both agree in a sense and I would never build a forged assembly with that cr. I'm just saying I want to see the results. If I'm wrong hell I don't care. I keeping my 06 any way. I'm just curious.
lol. unbunch your panties sweetheart...im just trying to explain that its not a good idea to run forced induction on a 11:1 motor that doesnt have a forged rotating assembly on pump gas.

call any shop and tell them "hi, im 2006torquefreak...i would like you to build me a motor with 11:1 CR and add a turbo to it. NO i dont want 9 or even 10:1, i want 11:1CR and pump gas!"

they probably would not be too keen on the idea. is a turbo gonna add over 130 hp on a stock 4v? absolutely...everyone knows 4v's love boost...and the higher CR just helps because you make more hp per lb boost with a higher CR...but that works against you, in the fact that in order to keep the motor alive certain compromises must be made...i.e. less timing, more fuel...and even then with pump gas its still not a good idea. yes we dont know what these new motors are capable of handling...so hey someone has to throw their nuts on the table and find out (JPC?) and my hats off to them...us Stang guys are addicted to boost thats a fact.

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Who cares if a few people blow their shit up? It will only educate the general Mustang population on what these new motors can handle.

If someone is apparently willing to risk a stock motor, just to see it's power limits, as has been done plenty of times with the old 5.0s, the 4.6's when they came out, and now the new 5.0 Mod Motors, it's for the greater good anyways.

Can't wait to see how these new motors respond to boost.

2006torquefreak

forum member
Reaction score
+1. Well said.
Who cares if a few people blow their shit up? It will only educate the general Mustang population on what these new motors can handle.

If someone is apparently willing to risk a stock motor, just to see it's power limits, as has been done plenty of times with the old 5.0s, the 4.6's when they came out, and now the new 5.0 Mod Motors, it's for the greater good anyways.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

+2

Blown engines are like natural selection, engines die and evolve.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
+3 someone needs to push these new 5.0s to there limit so we know what we can do with them. The 11:1 CR doesn't help with big boost but who knows maybe it will hold together longer than we think. The bottom end of the 5.0s are stronger than the 4.6s... I want someone to blow it up here soon so then I can make my decision on whether to get one or not lol.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back