2011 gt Auto

Slayer7391

forum member
Reaction score
Did an oil change today at 3,000 miles, and took it for a ride and now the trans downshifts great. Dont know if the oil change had anything to with it, but man I'm happy this went away.

Thereaper

forum member
Reaction score
Did an oil change today at 3,000 miles, and took it for a ride and now the trans downshifts great. Dont know if the oil change had anything to with it, but man I'm happy this went away.

Did you change your engine oil or transmission fluid ?

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score

A 3000mile oil change would have absolutely nothing to do with how your transmission shift feels. I doubt it would even effect how the engine feels.

Bald Menace

forum member
Reaction score
I cant believe you posted this same thing on every single mustang forum you could find....

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
I have a concern with the auto in my car. I've taken it to the dealer a couple of time, and they tell its normal on these cars. What happens is when you are slowing down almost to a stop and the trans down shifts from second to first you can feel the shift like thump. If you accelerate at the point of the shift there is a void until it completes the shift.
Has anyone with an auto felt this, and if so has the dealer found a solution.

I bought an intake an tuner form steeda, and install the set this weekend thinking the programming of the computer would fix it, and the thump noise is actually worse. Now it makes a loud clunk noise, and it doesnt do it all of the time.

Could this be the torque converter shaft or maybe a part in the trans thats not working correctly.

Lol, my moms 07-08 Eddie Bauer Explorer does the same shit.. We've had it up to Ford, they reflashed it.. Problem lessened, but still does it.. I told mom to get a JLT intake + Tuner combo and 100% sure itll go away hah.

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Lol, my moms 07-08 Eddie Bauer Explorer does the same shit.. We've had it up to Ford, they reflashed it.. Problem lessened, but still does it.. I told mom to get a JLT intake + Tuner combo and 100% sure itll go away hah.

Another reason why i steered clear of a auto this time around

orgchem

Reaction score

It doesn't... at least it didn't for me. In fact, the more aggressive the tune, the worse the clunk.

KJGT

forum member
Reaction score
It doesn't... at least it didn't for me. In fact, the more aggressive the tune, the worse the clunk.

+1, a couple tunes I tried NA made it much worse.

I have mine where it doesnt do it much anymore, just lowered the 2-1mph shift point down enough where it will seldom shift into 1st when moving. With the PD blower its no problem being in 2nd at low mph, even if you have to move fairly quick. NA car will fall in its face if you try to give it some throttle at 5mph in 2nd before it downshifts so i probably wouldnt do it.

Back