2011 GT Leather Seats in a 2010 GT

2010Mustang

Southern Maryland Mustang
Reaction score
My Airbag light is on and it only came on after I installed these seats.. I have pulled them out and reinstalled 3 times to check connections.. All is good.. What else could it be to get rid of this code possibly?

I had the 2010 stock cloth seats (no power) but they had the air bags in them..

I now have the 2011 leather seats (power in driver seat) and these have the air bags in them also..

Anything you all may know? I just can't figure this one out..

johnny06gt

forum member
Reaction score
Have you tried clearing the code with a handheld tuner or scanner??...its not going to go away without trying that and was prob set just by unpluging the airbag connector i know this happpens to me a lot at work (I work on Mercedes).

2010Mustang

Reaction score
I hadn't tried it.. I have a tuner.. Is there a way to get to the codes like that in a SCT/X3 Tuner?

TOWGUNNER

forum member
Reaction score
all you should have to do is clear all codes that come up when it scans for codes.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Scanners can't clear airbag codes. Watch and count the blinks to get the airbag code. It will blink a few times then pause. That's your first number, then it wi blink again and that's the second number. Google the number IE airbag code 1-5

Reza

Reaction score
Were the wiring connectors the same for both seats? I've also got a 2010, and am interested in a set of seats from a 2011. I haven't been able to determine whether the airbag connectors are the same between the 2010's and 2011's.

2010Mustang

Reaction score
Scanners can't clear airbag codes. Watch and count the blinks to get the airbag code. It will blink a few times then pause. That's your first number, then it wi blink again and that's the second number. Google the number IE airbag code 1-5

Going to try this in a little bit!

Were the wiring connectors the same for both seats? I've also got a 2010, and am interested in a set of seats from a 2011. I haven't been able to determine whether the airbag connectors are the same between the 2010's and 2011's.

Yea there the same.. They all click right in easily!

possibly unhook the battery for 30min. Just a thought...... don't know if it would work or not.

I could do this.. Let me try the Airbag code by the amount of times it beeps.. I did let it sit for 4-5 minutes unplugged and it came right back no when I started the car up..

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
I resistance readings are different bettween 05-10 and 11 up

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Ford Racing recaro seats are not compatible with the 2005-2010 mustang due to the airbags.
Seems to be the same for the stockers. I've been waiting for someone to come up with a solution for this since the recaros came out in the ford racing catalog.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
The Ford Racing recaro seats are not compatible with the 2005-2010 mustang due to the airbags.
Seems to be the same for the stockers. I've been waiting for someone to come up with a solution for this since the recaros came out in the ford racing catalog.

The airbags mount in the same manner between all the years/styles of seats, so the solution would be to pull the skins off the seats and swap airbags. I plan on swapping in some Recaros as well, and when I do, I'll be installing some 05-10 seat airbags in them.

george06

forum member
Reaction score
The airbags mount in the same manner between all the years/styles of seats, so the solution would be to pull the skins off the seats and swap airbags. I plan on swapping in some Recaros as well, and when I do, I'll be installing some 05-10 seat airbags in them.

The solution is with the resistor.Look it up, is in this site somewhere i just can't remember. They sell them at radio shack for a few dollars.

riceeater33

forum member
Reaction score
I know people that do the swap to make the recaros electrical using your seats electronics, and they said you have to swap the airbags from the 2010 into the recaros to get them to work. I dunno if thats 100% accurate but that is what I was told.

Reza

Reaction score
Thanks 2010Musgang.

I'm interested in finding out just what it takes to install the FRPP Recaros in a 2010. Sounds like the plugs are all compatible, I'm interested in hearing what your airbag code says. I read on another forum that there's a difference between between the passenger seat occupancy sensor on 2011+ and older Mustangs, though I don't know if that extends to 2010's as well.

I think the resistor trick is to fool the SRS system into thinking side airbags are still installed on cars with aftermarket non-airbag seats. I don't think that will solve the airbag fault issue you have.

Will definitely follow this thread.

george06

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks 2010Musgang.

I'm interested in finding out just what it takes to install the FRPP Recaros in a 2010. Sounds like the plugs are all compatible, I'm interested in hearing what your airbag code says. I read on another forum that there's a difference between between the passenger seat occupancy sensor on 2011+ and older Mustangs, though I don't know if that extends to 2010's as well.

I think the resistor trick is to fool the SRS system into thinking side airbags are still installed on cars with aftermarket non-airbag seats. I don't think that will solve the airbag fault issue you have.

Will definitely follow this thread.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/faq.p...faq_vb3_search

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showt...ghlight=airbag

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2238

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showt...?t=2238&page=2
__________________ Your fix is in one of the above threads.

Reza

Reaction score

Not really, but thanks anyways. I'm interested in getting the FRPP Recaro's to work properly (side airbags) on a 2010 GT. The OP's situation of getting 2011 seats to work in his 2010 are exactly what I'm interested in, as there seems to be a change in the 2005-2010 and 2011+ side airbag systems.

voodoo

forum member
Reaction score
You may need an 11-13 RCM (Restraints Control Module), which will of course have to be programmed at a dealer. And SCT, etc. programmers/code readers only read "P" codes. Airbag codes are "B" codes.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back