2011 GT Throttle Issues

roboworm

Reaction score
New member here. I've been tracking my car for the last year and a weird problem came up last week at Willow Springs. I have an automatic, and yes it runs very well, and I run with traction control off. I just put on some PFC01 pads (Brembo upgrade) and they were performing awesomely. On my fourth session of the day, I took out a 200 pound passenger. Every 2nd gear left turn, my throttle would cut out briefly (1 sec) as soon as I got back on it. I mean every left turn (6 laps x 3 turns = 18 total). One time it shut off completely were I had to coast of the track, engine running. I went out again by myself and had no issues whatsoever.

I had over 2/3 of tank of gas when the problem showed up. AdvanceTrak all the way off. I have been trail braking more lately, so ABS might be involved. Does anybody have an idea as to what is happening?

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
Are you just turning traction control off or are you turning the complete advance trac off?

I'm asking b/c simply turning the T/C off it can still automatically kick in momentarily causing this issue that you're describing.

roboworm

Reaction score
Completely off, holding the button down for 7 seconds... The only other time I noticed the throttle cutting off was when I got completely sideways and tried to gas it and do a 360. So I know the computer is still active even with AdvanceTrak off.

:oops1: I may be mistaken!!!! I just realized something..... On my first lap during that session, my hood popped up and I had to come into the hot pits and close it again (dirty latch). I just might have turned off the car then and gone back out without turning off AdvanceTrak. I don't remember doing it, but that would explain a lot. Still don't know why it would only show up on left turns.....There are a couple similar right turns....

Last edited by a moderator:

jsnyng

Reaction score
New member here. I've been tracking my car for the last year and a weird problem came up last week at Willow Springs. I have an automatic, and yes it runs very well, and I run with traction control off. I just put on some PFC01 pads (Brembo upgrade) and they were performing awesomely. On my fourth session of the day, I took out a 200 pound passenger. Every 2nd gear left turn, my throttle would cut out briefly (1 sec) as soon as I got back on it. I mean every left turn (6 laps x 3 turns = 18 total). One time it shut off completely were I had to coast of the track, engine running. I went out again by myself and had no issues whatsoever.

I had over 2/3 of tank of gas when the problem showed up. AdvanceTrak all the way off. I have been trail braking more lately, so ABS might be involved. Does anybody have an idea as to what is happening?

I really hope for you that you don't have the same problem that Strano had with his '11. He had the same exact issue you are describing. Under high G loads in left hand turn accelleration, the TiVCT would completely cut out on him and essentially cut his HP in half. You should give him a call to see if he can tell you what Ford did to try to fix it. Just note that it is right before the autocross and road racing season, and everybody is making mad thrashes to get their cars ready. They are crack addicts, and Strano is the big pimpin' dealer of products for our addiction. It might take him a couple of days to get back to you, but call him, don't email. His car was out of service for a couple of months with Ford trying to fix it.

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
There are some things that can be done in the tune to keep it from happening if you forget to turn it off manually.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back