2011 Gt500 2:58 @ VIR..Very nice

marksti

forum member
Reaction score
KINDA LIKE THE VIPERS GUYS DID..OR THE NISSAN GUYS DID..HEADIN OVER TO THE RING FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS...BUT THIS TIME THE FORD GUYS TOKE A NEW GT500 TO THE USA VERSION OF A "BENCHMARK TRACK"

V.I.R.

HERES THE VID

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1045223_video-2011-shelby-gt500-crushes-previous-vir-lap-time

IT RUNS NECK AND NECK WITH VIPERS, ATOMS, FORD GTS,R8'S V10.

BOUT THE ONLY THING CLOSE IN THE PRICE RANGE IS A GRAND SPORT VETTE,

WELL DONE.

BTW FROM THE VID THE CAR DID HAVE A UPGRADED DRIVER SEAT/HARNASS FOR THE DRIVER...OTHER THEN THAT I THINK ITS STOCK.

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
could have been faster had he not screwed gear selection up going into one at the beginning. recoverd well. great video.... man that is a long way around vir in that track configuration.

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
That was not pretty.... Way too crossed up, keep wacking it off the limiter, indecisive on gear selection, poor gear selection. Impressive the time was that good considering.. Power is nice.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
Nice video...now turn off caps lock

That was not pretty.... Way too crossed up, keep wacking it off the limiter, indecisive on gear selection, poor gear selection. Impressive the time was that good considering.. Power is nice.

Word, that was really sloppy.

Last edited:

marksti

forum member
Reaction score
Does almost make you wonder how quick it would be driven smoother/better.

The car runs the new Goodyear tires... Considerin they aren't all that large,
I wonder how much that had to do with it?

For the $$$ spent...around a race track..the car seems to be a pretty good value.

Last edited:

Cookiemonster

forum member
Reaction score
Does almost make you wonder how quick it would be driven smoother/better.

The car runs the new Goodyear tires... Considerin they aren't all that large,
I wonder how much that had to do with it?

For the $$$ spent...around a race track..the car seems to be a pretty good value.

I still think I would rather have a Z06.

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
VIR is a power course but I have to wonder how the GT with Brembos racks up against the Shelby. Same brakes, lighter car.

marksti

forum member
Reaction score
I still think I would rather have a Z06.
\
In my neck of the woods you can buy a new Grand Sport with exhuast upgrade for $46.5k plus fees

The gt500 for sticker would be nice also...but most of them are selling for over that...and most come fully loaded so they sticker for 55-58k

Last edited:

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
Gotta agree with Sam on this one too. The driver takes a momentum line and fights the car the whole way. Way to early on turn in.

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
VIR is a power course but I have to wonder how the GT with Brembos racks up against the Shelby. Same brakes, lighter car.

I'd love to see it also, but only 100lbs less, with 135hp deficit...I doubt it will be faster.

At any rate, in for video!

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
I can't wait to see what Car & Driver does with the new GT and new GT500 during their Lighting Lap article/Test. I wouldn't be shocked if they run a few seconds faster.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back