2011 M6 GT won't go into any gear????

BPatterson

forum member
Reaction score
Transmission grenaded itself internally. It's pretty much welded together. The tech couldn't even get it apart. They had to order a completely new transmission from the Dearborn assembly plant.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Transmission grenaded itself internally. It's pretty much welded together. The tech couldn't even get it apart. They had to order a completely new transmission from the Dearborn assembly plant.

now that sucks.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score

Sorry to hear that. So I guess they are covering it under warranty for you which is good to hear. Are they gonna replace the clutch assembly also?

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Hope you get it covered,that sucks.

Little off topic but is there some preventative maintanance to help these pressure plates bolts from backing out?

BPatterson

forum member
Reaction score
They told me Ford recommended the new tranny, and I'm sure a new clutch as well. Will verify that tomorrow. Also, they were told to give me a loaner vehicle. There was no talk of any charges, so I'm assuming Ford is covering this. I didn't just want to come out and ask if it was being covered under warranty, for fear of them thinking I was guilty of something. I assumed like Seer said above, that if Ford wasn't going to pay for it, they would talk to me about pricing, what needed to be done, and if I wanted to move forward with them repairing it at my expense.

stevenstarke

Reaction score
yea don't ask directly if its being covered, if anything just say "This is all taken care of right?"

That's CRAZY that that happened. Did you push down at all on the reverse lockout when you shifted 1-2?

BPatterson

forum member
Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of. Was just making a quick 1-2 shift, nothing out of the ordinary. The tranny had been whining in the first few gears for the past few weeks.

atistang

forum member
Reaction score
fyi also, the clutch warranty is 12 months/12k miles. so it all comes down to when you bought the car since it has only 7,500 miles on it.

Are you sure about that? Bumper to bumper is 3 year 36k, powertrain is 5yr

mr. anderson

forum member
Reaction score
yup, clutch is a wear item. just like your brake pads. so they may cover the master and slave cylinder but the clutch disc and pressure plate are wear items. just like they would cover your brake calipers, but not your brake pads, wear items have a shorter warranty.

see you beat me to the post Seer

Last edited:

Fast351

I can't drive 55
Reaction score
On the other hand, if it's a component failure, not a component wearout, they should cover it. IE if the clutch explodes, pressure plate bolts back out, etc.

BPatterson

forum member
Reaction score
Which my pressure plate, clutch disc, and flywheel are pretty much welded together, so I'll have to have a new one.

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
With all of the negative publicity surrounding the MT-82, I'm sure that Ford is going to cover this, no questions asked.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Reaction score
Shifter bracket should solve a lot of this. Spirited driving sometimes "moves" the shifter out of place so the alignment is off. The stock bracket looks like someone who flunked basic mechanical engineering designed it.

I know, right!

Who was the genius at Ford who thought this would be sufficient?

6101407532_f4bf9fb61c.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back