2011 shifter from mgw close to completion...some specs and info>>

Entrenched

forum member
Reaction score
Put mine in tonight. A lot of thought went in to making this shifter really quiet and the shifts are extremely concise. Install took about 2 hours on jack stands. The quality of the individual parts is phenomenal. I thought the MGW in my Cobra was great, this things is light years ahead. I didn't get a chance to get on it hard because its pouring down rain here in S. Louisiana.

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Put mine in tonight. A lot of thought went in to making this shifter really quiet and the shifts are extremely concise. Install took about 2 hours on jack stands. The quality of the individual parts is phenomenal. I thought the MGW in my Cobra was great, this things is light years ahead. I didn't get a chance to get on it hard because its pouring down rain here in S. Louisiana.

Pictures :)

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Still no email on mine....

we finished up the last of the shifters last night. if you are concerned please call julie at 706-793-1770 and make sure you are in the list. we only have about 5 left to send out.

george

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question, but does the V6 version of the trans take this shifter too?

StangAddict

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question, but does the V6 version of the trans take this shifter too?
My understanding is that both the 2011 and 2012 V6 and GT use the MT82 manual transmission. If that's the case, then I see no reason why the shifter shouldn't work on the V6.

pdmusgt

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice machining there Goerge. I was looking over the pieces can't wait to put it in.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that both the 2011 and 2012 V6 and GT use the MT82 manual transmission. If that's the case, then I see no reason why the shifter shouldn't work on the V6.

Same thing I was thinking.

Reaction score
Got mine yesterday and installed it last night, its perfect george you nailed it!! what I love most is how the gear is where it should be while hard on the gas , my factory unit had a hard time finding 2nd under power shift conditions, now i get that great mechanical feedback and positive engagement of each gear. I wish I had ordered a ralley ball at the same time (dang).

tech notes: If you leave the linkage installed on the trans , and you are doing the whole install in the car , i feel that dropping the driveshaft would have saved me a bunch of time!! it would have been much easier to get to the bolts though it wasn't bad .

2. if you find your new dust boot doesnt fit or seal up just right rotate 180 degrees and reinstall, the hardest part of this whole thing for me was getting that boot over the housing , its a tight fit as the video explains, i put the dynamat down after the boot was installed and sealed the rubber edge , i also put the sound pad that mgw sends with the kit down first and then the factory sound pad on top of it, and it seemed to be quiter , i tried it both ways and i found this to work best for me!!!

this was a very well though out design and well worth the time waited ,I feel sorry for everyone who went the other routes b/c this shifter is the *shit* thanks again george ;)

Last edited:

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Busa's

a6cd09d0-5273-4234.jpg

YerBuddy

forum member
Reaction score
Got mine yesterday and installed it last night, its perfect george you nailed it!! what I love most is how the gear is where it should be while hard on the gas , my factory unit had a hard time finding 2nd under power shift conditions, now i get that great mechanical feedback and positive engagement of each gear. I wish I had ordered a ralley ball at the same time (dang).

tech notes: If you leave the linkage installed on the trans , and you are doing the whole install in the car , i feel that dropping the driveshaft would have saved me a bunch of time!! it would have been much easier to get to the bolts though it wasn't bad .

2. if you find your new dust boot doesnt fit or seal up just right rotate 180 degrees and reinstall, the hardest part of this whole thing for me was getting that boot over the housing , its a tight fit as the video explains, i put the dynamat down after the boot was installed and sealed the rubber edge , i also put the sound pad that mgw sends with the kit down first and then the factory sound pad on top of it, and it seemed to be quiter , i tried it both ways and i found this to work best for me!!!

this was a very well though out design and well worth the time waited ,I feel sorry for everyone who went the other routes b/c this shifter is the *shit* thanks again george ;)

Good notes! Thanks!

Before install did you have any notchy/grind? If so, does the shift make any difference?

Question for MGW: Do you have any left and/or when can I get one?

Do you need anyone to sweep up the shop? :asskiss1:

The quality looks awesome and it looks like you really thought this one out. I'm glad I waited, but now I want one even more...:thumb:

Reaction score
I never had any grinding issues, but finding gears under power was a bit of a problem. The mgw unit solved that for me!! as for the notchy problem, I assume you are refering to how you try to shift into a gear and it seems to go half way and the kinda click in. I would say its greatly reduced, every once in a while this happens but im sure its gonna go away with wear. I only have 2k on it and 400 miles on the new shifter so far, so ill keep updating as I go!

YerBuddy

forum member
Reaction score
I never had any grinding issues, but finding gears under power was a bit of a problem. The mgw unit solved that for me!! as for the notchy problem, I assume you are refering to how you try to shift into a gear and it seems to go half way and the kinda click in. I would say its greatly reduced, every once in a while this happens but im sure its gonna go away with wear. I only have 2k on it and 400 miles on the new shifter so far, so ill keep updating as I go!

Thanks! Yea, the notch I was referring too was exactly that. I'm not experiencing anything unusual, like some are reporting, but usually if I have any it's from my own shift laziness. Under WOT it acually feels better too me. I'm definitely interested in the MGW though. I had one in a Vette and it was superb. It looks as though they hit this one out of the park...just from the looks. I'll definitely be reading your updates--and anyone else--until I can get my hands on one of these. I'm always a day late to the party...:beerdrink:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back