2011 shifter from mgw close to completion...some specs and info>>

kona302

forum member
Reaction score
lol lazy me, I should have just looked it up, any discounts for this fine piece of machinery?

Also what fluids would some of you all recommend, I'm thinking Amsoil MTG

07sgt0720

forum member
Reaction score
lol lazy me, I should have just looked it up, any discounts for this fine piece of machinery?

I don't know of any discounts from MGW. As far as trans fluid goes it all depends on what trans you have. I would send Greg Hazlett on here a pm as he is a Amsoil vendor and can get you hooked up with some really great fluids at a good price. Hope that helps. :thumb:

thezfunk

Reaction score

I am going to try the Amsoil Syncromesh. I have seen several posts where other people have tried both and said the MTG for warmer climates and the Syncromesh for colder climates.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Tremec began recommending Syncromesh for all their transmissions a couple years ago. I'm in Florida and the Pennzoil brand (at $8 per quart) works great for me. Much better than the original fluid from Ford.

Last edited:

kona302

forum member
Reaction score
- thezfunk, Interesting see i am in texas, south texas at that. We see temps below 32 F rarely, which leaves me to wonder how extreme summer tires will do during south texas winters. Nonetheless yeah thats what I read someone say that the MTG is better for warmer climates.

-Skwerl, pennezoil? yeah maybe ill give it a try.

-07Gt, greg you say? hmm, maybe ill do more research and talk to him and see what he has to say.

thanks all, appreciate the info

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back