2011 shifter from mgw close to completion...some specs and info>>

pdmusgt

forum member
Reaction score
SORRY GUYS....

havent posted because i just am hesitant to post pre production pics. the shifters ARE in production. i would say i have maybe 1-2 things i am still tweaking but that is during production and will not affect run time.

i will not post pics because i want to show the final unit not a cobbed up piece that is not representative of the final product.

not sure if most of you guys know but i do not rush ANY products to market. ill be happy to lose a few sales to other companies rather than rush. the shifter poses some challenges to get right . the stock oem unit is not bad and in order to justify the price top change i really am working every minor detail to make this a very nice upgrade.

please be patient as it will be morethan worth the wait.

again to clarify we have a contact folder now withg probably 35-40 names in it already setup for the first 50 units. so if you want one right away and have not called you will have to wait probably 8 weeks after the intial run.

as with all our shifters i test it myself for months to get it right how i like it. make a small initial run of 50 units. let them test them for a month or so and work on feedback and update fix, modify etc the design based on that feedback. those 50 units get updated or modifed to make it perfect. then i release the design for regular inventory production.

contact number 706-793-1770
ask for julie opr peggy. you do NOT have to give any payment information,.

regards
george

With us who are on the list about when will you contact us

vakane

Minister of sinister
Reaction score
and do ppl that test the shifter get a discount of some sort? i mean having to put it on... take it off, send it back... etc,.. and still pay what everyone else is paying?

spsteevoe

Reaction score
and do ppl that test the shifter get a discount of some sort? i mean having to put it on... take it off, send it back... etc,.. and still pay what everyone else is paying?

What, being on the bleeing edge of technology doesn't float yer boat? :beerdrink:

I'm interested in being a testing mule for the 3.7 crowd... as far as i can google the only differences in the 5.0 and 3.7 trannies seem to be gear ratios... are you still taking nods for testers?

johnnybravo

Reaction score
Please let us know when this unit is complete and ready for public consumption, I'm highly interested in having one!

Thanks,
Johnny

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
the shifters are well in production and i am still looking at april for delivery of the first 50 as long as no snags.

as far as discount...i usually provide some type of discount but also rest assured any initial run shifter will get upgraded well before any subsequent runs are offered.

i am testing the crap out of these so dont worry about being a guinea pig. when i do release these they will be 95-99 percent right., thats why i am always late to the party!!! :thumb2:

i will be contacting people in the list probably second week of april to get things finalized.

regards
george

Ducky

Reaction score
More info and pics please.

More reading please.
to recap... the shifter is a FULL replacement box rear mount and top assembly. new bushings internal springs. reverse lockout system .

cost should be around 350.00 which based on what others are selling for the the assembly on top is a pretty good deal.

havent posted because i just am hesitant to post pre production pics. the shifters ARE in production. i would say i have maybe 1-2 things i am still tweaking but that is during production and will not affect run time.

i will not post pics because i want to show the final unit not a cobbed up piece that is not representative of the final product.

jeff s

Reaction score
Thanks Ducky. I've read the whole thread over a few times.

I was mainly referring to the questions I asked earlier about the boot/knob/lever.

We were promissed pics a few weeks back. If the shifters are now in production and are "95-99% right", the pictures should not resemble a "cobbed up piece that is not representative of the final product". Don't you think? If they did, I would want to know that before I pre-ordered.

Should I decide to buy one, my situation gives me a small window to order a shifter that runs out next week, next chance won't be for several months. That's why I may be a little impatient.

Ducky

Reaction score
Thanks Ducky. I've read the whole thread over a few times.

I was mainly referring to the questions I asked earlier about the boot/knob/lever.

We were promissed pics a few weeks back. If the shifters are now in production and are "95-99% right", the pictures should not resemble a "cobbed up piece that is not representative of the final product". Don't you think? If they did, I would want to know that before I pre-ordered.

Should I decide to buy one, my situation gives me a small window to order a shifter that runs out next week, next chance won't be for several months. That's why I may be a little impatient.

Considering that he hasn't even sent out the first 50 test units, I think it's a fair bet that you won't be ordering one next week.

jeff s

Reaction score
Not an MGW for sure.

Point is, if I knew that what was coming would be to my liking, I might be more inclined to wait for it...

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
YOU KNOW YOU GUYS WITH ALL YOUR f^&&i*ng WHINING AND BITCHING ABOUT MY AWESOME SHIFTER REALLLY IS STARTING TO PISS ME OFF!!@!!

THE SHIFTER IS THE BEST SHIFTER ON THE MARKET....POSSIBLY THE BEST SHIFTER EVERRR MADE FOR ANY CAR..I HTINK IT WOULD JUST BE A BETTER IDEA IF YOU GUYS JUST SIT BACK AND WAIT TIL I AM GOOD AND READY TO SHOW IT AND NOT GET ALL HUFFED UP...

JEEZ YOU WONDER WHY PEOPLE BUY ASSAULT RIFLES!!!:wtf::wtf::wtf:

AT THIS POINT I GUESS ITS JUST BETTER THAT I SCRAP THE WHOLE FRIKKEN PROJECT AND FOCUS ON THE SHIFTERS WE HAVE COMING OUT FOR THE NEW MINI ....AT LEAST THOSE GUYS KNOW HOW TO SETTLE.

WHATEVER!!!!! :soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox:

jsnyng

Reaction score
YOU KNOW YOU GUYS WITH ALL YOUR f^&&i*ng WHINING AND BITCHING ABOUT MY AWESOME SHIFTER REALLLY IS STARTING TO PISS ME OFF!!@!!

THE SHIFTER IS THE BEST SHIFTER ON THE MARKET....POSSIBLY THE BEST SHIFTER EVERRR MADE FOR ANY CAR..I HTINK IT WOULD JUST BE A BETTER IDEA IF YOU GUYS JUST SIT BACK AND WAIT TIL I AM GOOD AND READY TO SHOW IT AND NOT GET ALL HUFFED UP...

JEEZ YOU WONDER WHY PEOPLE BUY ASSAULT RIFLES!!!:wtf::wtf::wtf:

AT THIS POINT I GUESS ITS JUST BETTER THAT I SCRAP THE WHOLE FRIKKEN PROJECT AND FOCUS ON THE SHIFTERS WE HAVE COMING OUT FOR THE NEW MINI ....AT LEAST THOSE GUYS KNOW HOW TO SETTLE.

WHATEVER!!!!! :soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox:

I vote for MGW as best vendor ever! :thumb2:

Any shifters coming out for us auto guys? :crazy:

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
seriously though....:crazy:

i totally understand your position and i really wish i could persuade you to wait because i think it will DEF. be worth the wait but i know they will not be ready in a week or so.

i WILL post pics soon the main problem is i really have to wait for ALL the parts to be made and plated to even assemble one so it will be pretty close to actual shipping time. but that doesnt mean anybody that pre ordered has to buy anything. this was simply a holding spot to give them first dibs.

maybe a few months out would work if you can deal with the stocker a bit longer. then you could see the initial reviews and follow any updates and or changes to the final unit.

regards
george

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
and hopefully people on here can sense sarcasm and humour ...lol... hint it ISSSS april 1!!!

george

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back