2011 With 2013 Tail Lites

travelers

Reaction score
Well I bit the bullet and spend the money on the '13 tail lites. Its going to the bode shop for the new hood because of corrosion so he is going to blend the bumper to fit the couture of the lites. He is also painting the back panel black. It goes in next Monday so it should be done for American Muscle show. I'll post some picks when its done.

Attachments

• AJM_0409s.jpg
    AJM_0409s.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 261

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
Interested in the bending the bumper idea, will that actually work? I've got 2013 tails on mine, since the car is black it's not that noticeable, but it still bothers me a bit.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
OP said blend, not bend. I am guessing make it somehow look less noticeable with the paint?

TenSpeed

Reaction score
I am one of a few that think the '13 tails are pretty ugly. If you tint the white centers, they look better, but if you don't, they are weird looking. '12's are much more appealing to me, and I would rock those if there wasn't a fitment issue on my '13.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
I am one of a few that think the '13 tails are pretty ugly. If you tint the white centers, they look better, but if you don't, they are weird looking. '12's are much more appealing to me, and I would rock those if there wasn't a fitment issue on my '13.

Wanna trade? Lol

travelers

Reaction score
Probably going to extend the bumper lip with a 2-part bumper epoxy and then smooth it out and paint it up.

Your close, he is going to graft the pieces of a '13 bumper to the '11 bumper with the epoxy. He fixed my front bumper where it had a license plate. You can't see any marks, now it doesn't have dimples.

It goes in next Monday so as soon as I get it back ill post some picks.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
IMAG0148_zpssyqbp3oa.jpg

IMAG0145_1_zpslp4q5mnk.jpg

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
dat gap on BleedinBlue's black car is hardly noticable. Looks good. I'd just leave it as is.

And I am not real big on tinting head lights/tail lights, but your car looks great with the tail light tint, tenspeed.

jumbowolfe

forum member
Reaction score
Call me weird but I actually like the 10-12 lights. I've been through this before, everyone rushed out to change their 94 and 95 lights to 96 sn95 verticals, and now people in the sn95 community are reverting back to the horizontal make it easier to ID a 5.0 over a 4.6 plus Imo they always looked better.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

TenSpeed

Reaction score
dat gap on BleedinBlue's black car is hardly noticable. Looks good. I'd just leave it as is.

And I am not real big on tinting head lights/tail lights, but your car looks great with the tail light tint, tenspeed.

The gap is hardly noticeable on a black car for sure. Thanks for the nice words. On a white car, the tails look funny with the clear centers imho, and the tint really sets it off. There is almost no light loss with that tint on there either. You can hardly tell when the lights are on.

I will try to get some better pictures that are not taken with a potato.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm sure that unless you know about the poor fitment, you're not likely to notice it. It kinda bugs me, but probably not enough to do anything about it unless a 2013/14 bumper falls into my lap for cheap.

Tenspeed, the tinted inserts look GREAT on your car. On mine though, I never was going for an all blacked out look.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back