2012 5.0 Caught on fire last night? Wtf?

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Just going up in flames isn't unheard like said. There is a Edge at a local dealer right now that burnt completely up. Much or than those pics. It's obviously stock and have some 200 miles on it. Explorers used to do it when the seals in the brake switch for cruise control would rupture. Sorry for your home slice. Hopefully it doesn't cost you anything but a bit of heart ache.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
GM removed all of the washer fluid heaters...know there was burnt wiring...don't know if any vehicles went up.

FivePointOh

forum member
Reaction score
Well i'm a big sleeper and i didn't hear anything until they knocked in my sliding door in my room. No the buildings did not get damaged or anything, thank god. No one saw no sign of vandalism like i said, im kind of in a hole since my insurance was canceled 4 months ago and i still owe 27k on my baby, i think im just going to strangle myself if i don't find a way out of this.

What do you guys suggest i do with this issue? Take it up to Ford Motors?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well i'm a big sleeper and i didn't hear anything until they knocked in my sliding door in my room. No the buildings did not get damaged or anything, thank god. No one saw no sign of vandalism like i said, im kind of in a hole since my insurance was canceled 4 months ago and i still owe 27k on my baby, i think im just going to strangle myself if i don't find a way out of this.

That is major league suckage! I see a lawyer in your future.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

All lending institutions require comprehensive insurance. If you don't have it they will put it on your car at your expense.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
How did your insurance get canceled? Unless you actually own the car. The thing is brand new. I would take it to Ford for sure.

FivePointOh

forum member
Reaction score
That is major league suckage! I see a lawyer in your future.

Jesus christ, now im worried. Hopefully everything works out ok for me :bs:

How did your insurance get canceled? Unless you actually owe the car. The thing is brand new. I would take it to Ford for sure.

I lost my old job and recently got a new one, I only had so much to pay for school, bills, and my car as im a full time med student, bottom line i just couldn't afford paying $465 every month for insurance.

Last edited by a moderator:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
$6000 a year for insurance?

hollywood54

forum member
Reaction score
how are you paying that much. How old are you? When I was 23 I was put in jail for street racing (I wasn't but my word vs. a cop) but anyway at that point with street racing on my record my insurance only went up to $175 a month.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Saw it a couple of times in the service. Young airman buys hot car, lets insurance lapse, totals car, keeps making the payments. Ends up driving a $500 POS until its paid for.

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
No insurance on a car when your 27k in the hole!??!?!?! Are you fucking kidding me? Holy shit I doubt fits will do anything regarding your mods... Good luck man but doesn't sound good

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
This thread gets worse and worse as it goes on....sorry man.

I say the fire started in the cab...My friends 335i that went up started under the hood and just the front was toasted. I would think the front bumper would go before it spreads to the cab unless the cab caught first. IMO..

Last edited:

jrc1122

Reaction score
Wow, I'm sorry this happened to you, but I cannot believe you let your insurance lapse. If you can't afford the insurance, you can't afford the car.

I know it isn't cool to kick a guy while he is down, but I just can't wrap my head around owing 27K on a car, and not having full coverage insurance on it.

Unless Ford accepts responsibility (very unlikely, at least in the short term) you are going to be paying for this car. You can probably part out the unburned parts for some money, rear deck lid, tail lights, rear wheels, etc.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back