2012 Auto tans issue

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
So I have noticed this issue lately with the transmission.

Seems when it is cold and I go to leave on an incline (driveway, parking lot, etc.), It seems that it acts like it slips in first then catches itself and takes off.

I have the TPMS light on due to not having the TPMS sensors installed yet on my aftermarket wheels.

I looked up the transmission fluid check for it, but requires the car to be started and running in the air on a lift. I do not have a lift.

I was wondering if maybe the trans fluid might be low from the factory, or the TPMS system being in fault is making the trans shift like this.

Could this be also caused by the dead space on the gas pedal, and could be fixd by the method UltraClassic used.

Car has 650 miles on it, and is bone stock.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
Wouldn't have anything to do with the TPMS as I don't have them in my wheels either and my car doesn't do what you are describing. I think if your tranny was low on fluid you would have the warning message. I'd just take it in and get it looked at.

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
mine was kinda funky too when stock... once i got a cai and the tune and trans tune.. not a single issue...

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
Will probably take it in Saturday morning.

It just gets annoying...you start to roll, then BAM, whiplash from pushing the gas pedal.

logan_okc

back from the dakside!
Reaction score
Mine seems to do it also. I just thought it was normal for auto cars. All my other cars have been manual

jsnyng

Reaction score
Will probably take it in Saturday morning.

It just gets annoying...you start to roll, then BAM, whiplash from pushing the gas pedal.

Mine seems to do it also. I just thought it was normal for auto cars. All my other cars have been manual

I don't know about the '12s, but there was a TSB specifically for this issue on the '11s. The condition you speak of was downright scary and dangerous on occasion. I never got it fixed through the TSB because I was an early '11 owner and got a tune that fixed it. Ford had not acknowledged the problem at the time.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know about the '12s, but there was a TSB specifically for this issue on the '11s. The condition you speak of was downright scary and dangerous on occasion. I never got it fixed through the TSB because I was an early '11 owner and got a tune that fixed it. Ford had not acknowledged the problem at the time.

Can you find the TSB on it?

It did it again this morning, and right as it happened I told myself....I should have recorded video of it. Guess I will tomorrow.

jsnyng

Reaction score
Can you find the TSB on it?

It did it again this morning, and right as it happened I told myself....I should have recorded video of it. Guess I will tomorrow.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1170236&postcount=153

The description Ford put isn't really what happened for a lot of us, but several people I know who had the problem and did not have an aftermarket tune were fixed completely by this TSB. If you aren't tuned, I'd ask your dealership to flash whatever the latest calibration for your computer code. That may fix the problem.

Edit: There was also TSB 11-3-32

2nd edit: Also found this.

TSB data for: 2011 FORD MUSTANG
Bulletin Number: AS-21687
Sequence Number: 10039072
Date: 20110101
Component Name: 103100 POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM)
Make: FORD
Model: MUSTANG
Year: 2011
Summary:
FORD: THERE MAY BE A LOSS OF POWER, HESITATION, SURGE, OR LACK OF THROTTLE RESPONSE WHILE DRIVING. THE BRAKE OVER ACCELERATOR FEATURE MAY BE ACTIVATING. *RM

Last edited:

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
I am not tuned, but have read alot where tuning seems to really fix the issue.

Thanks for the TSB link.

I was going to bring it in Saturday and have them check it out. But it seems it only does it when it is cold.

Wife gets kinda nervous when it does it and for sure a safety issue.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
I have dropped the car off this morning and the shop supervisor wanted to ride in it just to make sure what I was talking about.

We hit the first stop sign and it did it, but the next 4 it did not.

They are going to try an diagnosis it today and maybe keep it Monday for repairs if needed.

I told them about the TSB posted above and what others have said could be the issue.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
Well they said that the fluid looks good and that it passed diagnostics. They couldn't duplicate the problem at all. Even though the shop supervisor did a road test with me and it did it.

The SA was trying to blame the FRPP P springs causing a clunking issue. Which it didn't even have.

Shop supervisor said they were not blaming the springs, but the SA was bringing up maybe an awareness.

Problem seems to be getting better like maybe it is working itself out as it has not done it for almost 2 weeks.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back