2012 GT 500 or 2012 Roush stage 3?

Chrome61

forum member
Reaction score
Ok Folks, Before anyone busts my balls I did do a search. First of all they cut off my access to the internet at work and that's where I did most of my posting so I haven't been keeping up.

With that said and me being out of the loop, If you had the money which would you buy? The dealership that sells the Roush's tell me they are the biggest Roush dealer on the planet (Keeter Ford, Shelby, NC) They have one GT 500 and 11 Roush stage 3's and without going into the details I can buy either one at about the same price, What would you do?

I'm thinking of resale in a few years and which one would lose the most value?

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Honestly if you are looking at spending that kind of cash I would just get a 13 GT500.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
13 GT500..The Roush stage 3's have forged internals right? Ehh, it doesnt matter 12 or 13 GT500 over the Roush..

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
GT500 all the way. A Roush to me is a just modded GT and would rather do it myself. Also, I heard something on the down low that Carroll Shelby was rushed to the ICU today? Anyone else get that memo?

LindsayEOD

forum member
Reaction score
Just to let you know, Ray Skillman in Indianapolis says they are the biggest Roush dealer in the world, so what a surprise, a dealer is lying to one of us.
I would personally go for the GT500. I saw a guy on another forum that showed a couple of dealers selling RS3's for about $11k off MSRP because they cant move them. I know some of the GT500 are having a hard time selling but they arent discounting them that much yet.

Chrome61

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses so far, I thought the 500 was the best choice, They are asking $61,000 for the stage 3's and discounting to the price of a 500. That's why I'm tring to do a little homework.

trakpak73

forum member
Reaction score
I'm biased, but I would get the Roush. It isn't just a modded Gt. It may start out as a Gt. There's a whole lot of engineering that goes into all the Roush parts that go onto the car. When it's finished it's a whole new car. The Roush has better brakes, nicer interior, better sunspension. Less weight over the front wheels so it'll handle better. And with just a pulley swap you'll be over 600 to the wheels. Gt 500's are nice but they are everywhere, you don't see a Roush every 5 minutes as you are driving down the road.

It took Ford 4 yrs to come out with a car that could compare to the Trak Pak that came out in 2008. The Trak Pak still had better brakes and suspension and I think a better all around track car than the Boss 302.

Chrome61

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks trakpak, The only thing screwy that the salesman told me was this...."We only get two GT 500's allotted us a year from ford and they limit the number of GT's we get also, but we can get all the Roush's we want"

Without a doubt they are all great cars......Just sitting on a bubble here..lol

trakpak73

forum member
Reaction score
You can't go wrong either way. I love the 2010 Stage 3 I just picked up. It put down 545 to the wheels stock. More HP than a new ZL1 and about the same as a 2013 GT500. Plus only 103 made and only two made in Red Candy.

Axton_118

forum member
Reaction score
Ray Skillman is. I swear they have over 30 roush's on that lot...

Just to let you know, Ray Skillman in Indianapolis says they are the biggest Roush dealer in the world, so what a surprise, a dealer is lying to one of us.
I would personally go for the GT500. I saw a guy on another forum that showed a couple of dealers selling RS3's for about $11k off MSRP because they cant move them. I know some of the GT500 are having a hard time selling but they arent discounting them that much yet.

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but its not $61,000 nice..I would take a Boss for mid 40's and throw a blower on it over a Roush any day of the week and twice on Sundays''

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Sorry, but its not $61,000 nice..I would take a Boss for mid 40's and throw a blower on it over a Roush any day of the week and twice on Sundays''

Also what I was thinking.

I know on one of the episodes of top gear the boss beat the rs3 around the track.

trakpak73

forum member
Reaction score
The Boss only beat the Roush because it couldn't use it's horsepower. If they would have raced around a long track like Road America it would have been a different story.And you aren't going to pay 61k for a Roush.

LindsayEOD

forum member
Reaction score
Ray Skillman has been the biggest Roush dealer for the last 2 yrs I think.

I hope the guy wasn't lying to me. I just drove by there on the way home and took a peak at a black rs3. They are good looking but I would still go GT 500.

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Boss only beat the Roush because it couldn't use it's horsepower. If they would have raced around a long track like Road America it would have been a different story.And you aren't going to pay 61k for a Roush.

Your god damned right Im not..:horseshit::clap:

Unklbuck62

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong here...Not that it matters to some of you (or me), but doesn't the RS3 save you from the insurance surcharge of having a supercharger when your insurance company decodes the VIN? The GT500 VIN decodes as a supercharged engine, doesn't it?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back