2012 tire pressure sensor fault

vinylinterior89

Reaction score
When I first got my 2012 gt the tire light came on. I found the car did not have any sensors in it. I bought a set of 4 (from ebay) and the Ford reset tool. I was able to learn them and it worked fine for 1.5 years then one day on my way to work I got a tire pressure sensor fault warning on. I tried to do the relearn and found the L/R wouldn't learn. I swapped the rear wheels and tried to relearn it again. I found the R/R would now not learn, but if I went to the L/R it learned (horn honked) but it said to train L/R in the dash. To me this confirmed the issue was with that sensor. I got 2 different ebay sensors and a new one from the Ford dealer. I haven't been able to get the new sensor to learn. When I search I found the sensors may be in a "sleep mode" and I would need to deflate the tire and reinflate it to wake it up. I tried this with both one of the ebay ones and the new dealer one and neither would learn. I also tried disconnecting the battery and putting the cables together and then trying it. I still didnt have any luck. Currently the dealer one is installed in the tire and I still get the warning.

Has anyone else had an similar issues or know of amything else I can try? Im sick of having to hit the reset everytime i get in the car as I have been dealing with this for the last year.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back