2013 5.0 N/A, stock long block, 10 sec.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say congrats to Nick Murphy for being the 7th 2011-2014 Coyote, stock long block, N/A car in the 10's. This is the only 2013-2014 5.0 auto to have achieved that mark.

We worked behind the scenes for the past several months transforming the car into what it is now. Those changes included:
  • Boss intake
  • JLT CAI
  • 3.31 rear gear
  • Lightweight front brakes
  • Suspension changes
  • Tune revisions (using HP Tuners, tuned by me)
  • Exhaust changes
  • 2 relay trans brake

Where he started:

His best pass yesterday:

Timeslips:

The car has more in it as his diff clutch pack is toast and he grazed the limiter on his 1-2 shift however his plans are to move to a single turbo so his Winter build will soon start. Can't wait to see more from this car next year. :beerchug2:

Last edited:

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Brett, can you provide a few more details? I'm assuming a 5C converter? What tire? What exact exhaust and suspension changes?

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Brett, can you provide a few more details? I'm assuming a 5C converter? What tire? What exact exhaust and suspension changes?

Sure.

Circle D 5C
MT ET Pro 275/60/15
He went to a full cat back vs dumps off of the x-pipe. He is using ARH long tubes.
He had too much anti-squat dialed into the rear suspension so we made some changes there. The car no longer lifts in the back on launch. The changes were:
Move the UCA to the lowest mounting hole.
Moved the LCA's up one hole.
He is running a UPR k-member
Strange front brakes

Nice, congrats to all involved! What was the race weight?

I am not 100% sure. Best guess is around 3,400lbs.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back