2013 GT nitrous install

cbrtrx

forum member
Reaction score
Nice install so far. Why not run all the wiring thru the factory loom though? Thats what I did and it made for a very clean install.

NoSlo5oH

forum member
Reaction score
Nice install so far. Why not run all the wiring thru the factory loom though? Thats what I did and it made for a very clean install.

Thanks cbrtrx. I actually did tape all of the wires initially (made a wiring harness), but then I thought...If I ever have a problem with the wiring it will be a pain in the arse to untape everything for troubleshooting, so I removed the tape. You won't see those wires anyways with the intake cover installed. Trust me, I'm very anal about having clean installs too. Will you please post pics of your install on here?

5lho

forum member
Reaction score
Some small split loom could keep everything tucked and protected, while still allowing access.

Need4Speed12

forum member
Reaction score
Nice work! I'm running a NX Plate kit on my car with a 150 shot, mods and times in sig and have BBR N/A and nitrous tunes. Thinking about trying the Nano kit myself. Good luck man looking forward to your results!

Juiced 66

forum member
Reaction score
Did your 11 have a manual or auto tranny? What kind of ET and MPH did you run?

Mine is a stick shift.. I left at idle and let the nitrous carry it out of the hole.. Managed a 1.59 60ft on drag radials and went a 10.96 @ 127. That's the only nitrous pass I was able to make that night since the track was so crowded. I'm sure if I would have gona back I could have ran in the 70's or even 60's with my setup, but instead I put the blower on it. Sometimes I wish I would have just left it alone and enjoyed it.

NoSlo5oH

forum member
Reaction score
Nice work! I'm running a NX Plate kit on my car with a 150 shot, mods and times in sig and have BBR N/A and nitrous tunes. Thinking about trying the Nano kit myself. Good luck man looking forward to your results!

Thanks Need4Speed. What safety devices are you running with your system? Are you running a purge kit? If so, where did you route the tubing to?

NoSlo5oH

forum member
Reaction score
I bought an add-a-fuse for the fuse box in the passenger kick panel to pick up the switched 12V power source. Can anyone advise which circuit I should use?

Neal@

forum member
Reaction score
Glad to see everything is coming along great. Like always feel free to email me. I'm always here. haha.

How did you overcome the fuel issue? What size shot did you run? BTW, I will be running a Nano system too. I don't plan on exceeding a 100 shot and will be running colder plugs with good fuel when spraying. As much time and effort as I have in this install, I sure don't plan to cut any corners.

I dont know why there is this scare going on over at SVT with lean spikes and nitrous. I have talked to many reputable tuners. Manny at HPP in Lewisville being one of them. He said he has never seen a lean spike with nitrous on the 5.0L. We had a customer pushing a 225 threw a plate on this 5.0L. Now he has a direct port and vortech. :)

Need4Speed12

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Need4Speed. What safety devices are you running with your system? Are you running a purge kit? If so, where did you route the tubing to?

Just the NX TPS switch run in series with a full throttle pedal switch. Basically the TB has to be full throttle and the pedal has to be to the floor to spray. I am running a purge and the tubing runs up by the windsheild wipers.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Awesome!!!!!

We really like the Nitrous Outlet kit, it worked great for us.

As for the installation, keep up the excellent work!

NoSlo5oH

forum member
Reaction score
Glad to see everything is coming along great. Like always feel free to email me. I'm always here. haha.

I dont know why there is this scare going on over at SVT with lean spikes and nitrous. I have talked to many reputable tuners. Manny at HPP in Lewisville being one of them. He said he has never seen a lean spike with nitrous on the 5.0L. We had a customer pushing a 225 threw a plate on this 5.0L. Now he has a direct port and vortech. :)

I sure will and thanks for the speedy service on the custom lines that I ordered yesterday. You told me that you were going to build them as soon as we got off of the phone, but I didn't expect you to ship them the same day too! They're scheduled to be delivered tomorrow and that means I can continue with the install.

NoSlo5oH

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome!!!!!

We really like the Nitrous Outlet kit, it worked great for us.

As for the installation, keep up the excellent work!

Thanks BMR Tech. What size shot and ET did you guys run in your mustang? I am going to hit mine with a 100 shot. I'd like to be able to run 10.60's on stickies.

cbrtrx

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks cbrtrx. I actually did tape all of the wires initially (made a wiring harness), but then I thought...If I ever have a problem with the wiring it will be a pain in the arse to untape everything for troubleshooting, so I removed the tape. You won't see those wires anyways with the intake cover installed. Trust me, I'm very anal about having clean installs too. Will you please post pics of your install on here?

Heres a pic of mine but not a very good one. I ran the wiring thru the stock harness loom, the only nitrous lines visible were the ones going to the plate. Throttle body was painted to complete the theme for the install.

IMAG1239.jpg

NoSlo5oH

forum member
Reaction score
Clean install cbrtrx! Did you solder your wiring or crimp and use scotch lock connectors?

cbrtrx

forum member
Reaction score
Clean install cbrtrx! Did you solder your wiring or crimp and use scotch lock connectors?

On my car I used male and female spade style connectors so I can have a modular type of build so everything can come apart and go back together real easy. I will solder and heatshrink though if that is what the person wants.

Maybe I missed that part but what does your car run n/a?

NoSlo5oH

forum member
Reaction score
On my car I used male and female spade style connectors so I can have a modular type of build so everything can come apart and go back together real easy. I will solder and heatshrink though if that is what the person wants.

Maybe I missed that part but what does your car run n/a?

Not sure what my car will run N/A. I haven't had it on a track yet...trying to get the mods completed first.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back