2013 GT S&H Performance/On3 twin turbo install-long read!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice! What did you change?

Comp has a brand new turbo out that might interest you, it's a 67/70 billet wheel/ball bearing with a .81 AR and should hit full boost at 3500......

stretch

forum member
Reaction score
converter. I want full boost by 3000. I may still try his when it cools off around here.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
At the tuners, he is working it this week and hope to have it back Saturday!

DSargent09

Get iT!
Reaction score
Whats the latest? I keep playing with the thought of pulling the paxton and going with this...

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Removed and traded for a Paxton, once I saw I had to cut the stock tranny lines coming out of the radiator coupled with the fact I am selling the car this summer made the decision to sell the Paxton, stay NA and try to get into the 10's that way.

Nuar

Reaction score
I see, initially i thought youeant for the turbo kit, which is why i didnt get it since it was on your car already.

so in the end you didnt get the on3 kit squared away i take it? :(

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I did not; I was not impressed at all with it, the car moved out well from a roll but from a dig/leaving the line at the track it was a dog, best I could do was an 11.1@130, I would have needed to do a lot more work/money to make it 60 ft and I was not interested in that.
For comparison's sake I ran 11.2@121 NA-CJ intake,TB, CAI, LT's, ORX in 88 degree weather, in cooler weather it would have been a 10.8x car all day long....

The turbo's I used were the Comp oil less 6265 billet wheel, triple ball bearing ceramic coated so they were top of the line turbo's.

Some people love turbo's, I can say I tried it and was not one of them.

Nuar

Reaction score
I see.
Any clue what it was that heald you back?
Did you ever figure out the kit's shortcomings?
Sorry for the 20 questions, its just that there is very little info on this kit out there and all the threads end abruptly with no info what was wrong or if they were running fine or not...

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am by no means a turbo expert but IMO the pipe coming from the IC to the TB is only 2 1/2 inches which is not big enough to support the air flow of 2 turbo's; piping overall is pretty small but that may not matter and I think I was having major back pressure issues. The MAF should be in the IC vice the straight pipe going into the TB.

Nuar

Reaction score
I see, thanks for all your effort and honesty in this post man.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
,.... its just that there is very little info on this kit out there and all the threads end abruptly with no info what was wrong or if they were running fine or not...
I've had Pm's asking for fixes for the maf signal, inlet temps, or exhaust leaks. Then the same guys defend the kit online like the recent thread that got closed. I don't get it. Oh well

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We dropped this kit for a reason. A lot of complications and headaches putting two turbos and all the piping in the engine bay. I got to see Dustins single kit recently holy mother of down pipe lol. If you want a single setup for the coyote I really like his kit. We will be making a twin stealth kit for the coyote like we have for the 3v soon as well.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've had Pm's asking for fixes for the maf signal, inlet temps, or exhaust leaks. Then the same guys defend the kit online like the recent thread that got closed. I don't get it. Oh well

Was that on here? I never defended the product....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back