2013 GT S&H Performance/On3 twin turbo install-long read!

slagburn

forum member
Reaction score
I guess these things may be hit or miss. Maybe the first gen kit had a lot more issues w fitment. I have a newer, revised kit. Base 60 mm turbos, forged motor, pro m maf, E85. Thru gt500 mufflers and cutouts open it made 1050 SAE or 860 uncorrected at 5400 feet physical elevation. I ran out of injector and hurt the motor a while later at a lower track. now it's back together with proper valve springs and 1300's on the way. Curious how much these little 60's will do.

Now for the product review. It's BS having to buy a maf to go with the dinky intake tube.
It does not inspire confidence when the first big parts to go on don't fit. Yes, you may have to hog the turbo manifold bolt holes out. The insides of the manifolds were pretty nasty.
Despite the big IC the IAT's get a little warm. I've seen 170 on 15+ psi.

I drive the car a lot and have already put around 6K miles on the kit since March.. we shall see how it holds up.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
I guess these things may be hit or miss. Maybe the first gen kit had a lot more issues w fitment. I have a newer, revised kit. Base 60 mm turbos, forged motor, pro m maf, E85. Thru gt500 mufflers and cutouts open it made 1050 SAE or 860 uncorrected at 5400 feet physical elevation. I ran out of injector and hurt the motor a while later at a lower track. now it's back together with proper valve springs and 1300's on the way. Curious how much these little 60's will do.

Now for the product review. It's BS having to buy a maf to go with the dinky intake tube.
It does not inspire confidence when the first big parts to go on don't fit. Yes, you may have to hog the turbo manifold bolt holes out. The insides of the manifolds were pretty nasty.
Despite the big IC the IAT's get a little warm. I've seen 170 on 15+ psi.

I drive the car a lot and have already put around 6K miles on the kit since March.. we shall see how it holds up.

What kit are you talking about?

Nuar

Reaction score
Hmmm now thats a twist to the thread lol.
Thanks for sharing the info slagburn!
Do you have any pics of the way your setup fits?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was not aware that the kit had been revised; mine was tuned on 93 pump gas, off road X and Borla touring mufflers.

slagburn

forum member
Reaction score
I got mine around March and it was one of the first revised kits. The downpipes are a little different and the intercooler elbows are a smooth bend instead of the abrupt 90. Not sure what else was changed.

Don't really have any pics worth sharing, it looks like the rest of em up top

Back