2013 GT. Trunk LEAKING!?!? @%#%@$

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
So I head to Dallas last night for work. 20 min onto the trip, BAM! RACOON! Ripped my front lip and lower air dam off. Well 99.9%off, I needed a set of pliers to get the last screw out. Open the trunk, and it looks like fucking lake superior. .... my entire spare tire is under water, my quarter panels have water in them, the carpet is soaked, and the bottom carpet, toast. Where the hell is this coming from I asked my self as I drained 30 gallons of water from my tire well. Looks to be the wing.... Fuck me.

Anyone else ever had this happen?

I'm thinking of stripping it all down and getting it dry, then spraying the entire trunk with a sealer. Idk maybe flexseal.

Ford told me it's past the 36k mile coverage. WTF did I pay for all that extra coverage for again? OUT OF POCKET MY ASS.

hookburn63

Reaction score
Leaky trunk

This my first post on S197 about leaks. On my '05 where the water flows down the trunk trough it goes behind the tail light and directly over the center fastener. My trunk has finally stopped leaking after putting some dum-dum around the bolt holes. Fast forward my left directional signal stopped working so I replace all bulbs. Still not working started opening up the wire loom and found that a ground wire in blueish foil was rusted and the foil cover was all rotted away. Well the water that came in tail light hole also dumped directly into the wire loom for about 18". I think this was designed by some jokester. I'm not laughing.

Attachments

• IMG_7951.jpg
    IMG_7951.jpg
    522 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back