2013 smoked rear side markers

bullitt ben

forum member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2013 GT/CS

I want to replace front amber and rear red marker lamps for smoked type lenses,

So far i have only found the front ones to be available and only vinyl overlays for the rears.....anybody know where i can find the rears,?

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I did mine myself with VHT. Saves money.

IMAG0947.jpg

IMAG0945.jpg

IMAG0961.jpg

JimC

Reaction score
That looks good - and I have a can of VHT in the garage already. Don't know why I didn't think of it this summer! How many coats of VHT did you use?

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
That looks good - and I have a can of VHT in the garage already. Don't know why I didn't think of it this summer! How many coats of VHT did you use?

You don't want to put the VHT on too thick. Just lightly spray, let it dry then lightly spray again. Not much surface area of course so it doesn't take much.

Darren,did you wet sand and clear those?

No, I wanted to lay the VHT on smooooooth and not have to do all the sanding. I did clear coat though so in order to keep trash out of the clear and allow the clear to "cure" I came up with this:

IMAG0930.jpg

IMAG0931.jpg

It created an "oven-like" effect that cured the clear quickly and trash free!!!! Smooth as glass!!!!!!

IMAG0909.jpg

:thumb2:

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Damn those came out great for no wetsanding or buffing. I had to wetsand and buff mine for them to come out like that.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Did you use the same drying process on the VHT before clearing it?

Yep. Can't have not one single spec of dust in order to produce that slick as glass effect. Even thought the VHT is a little more forgiving, applying the clear without flaw is the trick. ;)

Last edited:

JimC

Reaction score
So it looks like the rear side markers just pop out like the 2006 did. I assume that the fronts are similar to the 2006 and that I will have to get the car up on ramps to access the markers up there?

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
So it looks like the rear side markers just pop out like the 2006 did. I assume that the fronts are similar to the 2006 and that I will have to get the car up on ramps to access the markers up there?

BE CAREFUL though!!! They are expensive!!! Ask me how I know!

IMAG0891.jpg

:((

bullitt ben

forum member
Reaction score
I guess i don't have much choice cause
there doesn't seem to be any vendors for the rears.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
I have seen Darrin's in person and they look great.

Darrin...did you use alot of coats on the VHT to get it that dark?

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
I've never seen any smoked lenses for the rear, just the fronts. The rear with the vinyl is easy to install though and looks great. I had it on my 2010 and currently have it on my 2013.

bullitt ben

forum member
Reaction score
They make the rears for 2005-2009 ,i had front AND rear smoked assemblies on my '07 but they don'y make them for '10 and up....

Who in your opinion sells best quality vinyl tints for the rears?

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Any trick tips when using the clear?

Patience. LOL!!

Seriously, you have to get in an enviroment that is less likely to allow dust or junk to fall into the clear and AS SOON AS you are finished spraying the clear, set them under the transparent bowls to "bake"/"cure" and no dust gets on them.:beerdrink:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back