2013 Tail Lights on my 2011 Mustang GT

NA-Stang

AMC #8 aka "The Jockey"
Reaction score
Ok, as we all know, No one makes a 2013 style tail light for our 2011-2012 mustang GT.

Well, I picked up a set of used ones with a small crack in them pretty cheap. They are on their way.

I have done some research, and I have read several things. Some say, yes, they are plug and play, some say hell no, they are not. Does anyone know if they are truly plug and play or not? If not, do they make an adapter? And if they don't make an adapter, are they at least easily spiced in?

Any information or links to information would be greatly appreciated.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Yes they are plug and play and will work fine. Only issue is a slight gap between the bottom of the tail light and the bumper. I didn't think it was all that noticeable, but AM sells a piece to fill it in if it bothers you.

stang8psi

forum member
Reaction score
The harness from the 2011 lights will not work with the 2013 lights. Make sure you get the 2013 pig tales for the lights, once you have those they are "plug-and-play"

NA-Stang

AMC #8 aka "The Jockey"
Reaction score
unfortunately, they were the lights only.

Anyone have a pic of what the harness is supposed to look like for a 2013? I think I found a set.

travelers

Reaction score
Well to throw a monkey wrench in this so far, but I have the 13/14 tail lights in my 11 and I just plugged them in and they work just fine.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back