2013 TVS upgrade on a 2008 GT500 = 680rwhp!!!!

TTSaleen

forum member
Reaction score
I have been wondering what my 2008 GT500 would do if I put a 2013 TVS upgraded blower on it.
Well tonight I was able to find out and was I surprised!

A little background -
This GT500 was purchased by me back in 2010. I added a 2.59 VMP pulley and idler, JLT 110 cold air inlet, and a Fastlane Motorsports SCT tune.
The car made 550rwhp.

Last week I swapped the blower and also upgraded the heat exchanger to an AFCO with dual fans. This will ensure I can enjoy my new boost all the time and not worry about the dreaded heat-soak.

Tonight, on the first hit with the TVS upgrade and a Ford Racing 65mm throttle body (same tune), it made 620rwhp at only 5,000 rpms! But it was immediately going lean and starting to peg the Mass air meter. That's over 70rwhp improvement with no tuning changes and running out of fuel. It shows this upgrade will necessitate fuel changes to be safe.

They installed a set of 72# injectors as well as a JLT 127mm cold air kit. It was also a great time to swap the pulley to a VMP 2.4!
After a little retuning, the car made 660rwhp and 660rwtq with the blower hot (normal street temps).
After about a 45 minute cool down and the great cool air tonight, the car laid down a 682rwhp and 685rwtq!

This is with factory manifolds, factory catalytic convertors, and factory fuel pumps, and 17 pounds of boost on 93 octane.
However, the pumps are maxed and Caleb was not able to make anymore power until I add a set of Boost-a-pumps to the car to keep up with its THIRST!

Needless to say, I am very pleased with the results. We gained over 130rwhp over the factory Eaton supercharger and 2.59 pulley!

Caleb laid my graph over a recently tuned 2013 GT500 with the same mods and the graphs were identical!

Here's a quick vid I made. SORRY I did not plan to get this done tonight, so I only had my Iphone available for videos!

To recap -

2013 TVS blower and inlet
65mm CJ throttle body (twin bore)
JLT 127mm cold air kit
VMP 2.4 pulley and idler
AFCO dual fan heat exchanger
NGK TR6 spark plugs (gapped at .032)
72# injectors
Stock manifolds and catalytic convertors
3.31 rear gears
295-30-20 rear tires
Borla mufflers
93 octane

Cal26Stang

forum member
Reaction score
This is why I've stopped spending on my 2007 GT, eventually I will get a GT500 and be able to make small changes for huge numbers. Impressive, thanks for the info on this

TTSaleen

forum member
Reaction score
Killer numbers! Now throw on some long tubes and a BAP and shoot for 730.

Probably do the BAP in the future, but for now it is MORE than enough power for my wife to handle! It's her car! Haha!

Thanks man!

Impressive, that has My gears turning now lol

Do it! Super easy bolt on and great return for the investment! Plus I love how it screams!!

This is why I've stopped spending on my 2007 GT, eventually I will get a GT500 and be able to make small changes for huge numbers. Impressive, thanks for the info on this

I had the same issue. I had a 2006 GT prior to this and it had the Saleen Series VI supercharger, pulley, etc. and made 500rwhp. It would take a built engine to go any further and a lot more money invested!

Did it just bolt right on?

Yes! Unbolt yours and bolt this right up. Being a Ford item, everything fit beautifully! Only small item to address is the elbow. The 2007-2009 models had a slightly different arrangement than the 2010 - newer. I got a male fitting and installed it in the elbow. It's the straight one. Then I had to remove the quick connect fitting from the factory vacuum hose and just push the hose right on. Easy and all work like they should.

Nice, Ryan!

Thanks Ras! It's a beast!

Awesome job!

Thanks man!

TTSaleen

forum member
Reaction score
Update -
Car is running great. Decided to not do any other mods for a while! Gotta let my wallet cool off! Haha!!

cam101

forum member
Reaction score
Nice upgrade. Gotta get a TVS one day. Need to build the engine first.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
Great swap. Local Guy did same swap on his 2011. Gained about 130whp as well.

from the famous tapatalk.

TTSaleen

forum member
Reaction score
I'm installing mine as we speak....

Good luck! Pretty easy swap with great pay back per dollar!!

Great swap. Local Guy did same swap on his 2011. Gained about 130whp as well.

Yes if I had the boost-a-pumps I could have seen over 700rwhp and if I removed the cats probably another 20.

I'm actually satisfied where it is now and don't plan any changes in the near future!! :thumb2:

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
Good luck! Pretty easy swap with great pay back per dollar!!

Yes if I had the boost-a-pumps I could have seen over 700rwhp and if I removed the cats probably another 20.

I'm actually satisfied where it is now and don't plan any changes in the near future!! :thumb2:

He has no cats. He made 540whp before tvs. 648 right after swap and email tune with it hot from drive to dyno(3hrs) in GA heat. Some more tuning and cool off it made 680ish.

I was impressed for sure. He got his blower for 1800 from Tousley and then 180 for the eldow.

Here some vids of us playing around. I'm at 680whp 540wtq
He is 680whp/660wtq. My car has stock 3.15 gears his stock 3.73's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucvTGopYBYc&list=UU_RznxzDo2u_OvzmPVnSYZA&index=1

Second run I spun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fflV9A_mrvo&list=UU_RznxzDo2u_OvzmPVnSYZA&index=2

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back