2013 TVS upgrade on a 2008 GT500 = 680rwhp!!!!

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
Good luck! Pretty easy swap with great pay back per dollar!!

Just before leaving for the holidays, I got the old blower removed and the TVS placed on top - no bolts or anything else. It was so hard to leave it unfinished, but I'll be on it tomorrow evening. I'm guessing another 30 minutes for the blower, then maybe 30 for the BAP and then I'll be ready to upload the tune.

Your results are giving me some hope on the hp numbers - thanks for the thread.

stri8ed

Reaction score
This will be my next mod. Love seeing those numbers. Thanks for posting all the info.

TTSaleen

forum member
Reaction score
Just before leaving for the holidays, I got the old blower removed and the TVS placed on top - no bolts or anything else. It was so hard to leave it unfinished, but I'll be on it tomorrow evening. I'm guessing another 30 minutes for the blower, then maybe 30 for the BAP and then I'll be ready to upload the tune.

Your results are giving me some hope on the hp numbers - thanks for the thread.

This will be my next mod. Love seeing those numbers. Thanks for posting all the info.

No problem guys! Glad to help!
I am really impressed by the 13TVS swap.
I love the fact that it's Ford Quality with aftermarket blower power output.
Plus driving it around, you can't really tell it's been changed......until you put your foot in it! Haha.

Next spring/summer I may put the boost-a-pumps on it and get to that magical *700* mark......of course just for bragging rights only. :thumb:

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
No problem guys! Glad to help!
I am really impressed by the 13TVS swap.
I love the fact that it's Ford Quality with aftermarket blower power output.
Plus driving it around, you can't really tell it's been changed......until you put your foot in it! Haha.

Next spring/summer I may put the boost-a-pumps on it and get to that magical *700* mark......of course just for bragging rights only. :thumb:

What impresses me more than the big HP they're making, is the torque. Comparing my Whipple graph to my buddy's '13 TVS swap graph dyno'd on the same day, same dyno, my Whipple made 654/586 and his TVS made 631/621, both at the same boost level (14-15lbs, we both don't quite see 15lbs). This is a conservative dyno too, so both sets of numbers were a bit lower than we expected. If it weren't for my long tubes, he would have out powered me as well. He was making nearly 80lbs of torque more than me in the low RPM.

Part of that difference in torque is I'm barely spinning my Whipple with a 3.25 upper and stock lower, and his TVS is nearly done with a 2.5 upper and 15% lower (we're at 5,000 feet here). Regardless of that, the TVS is very impressive.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
^^^ I've been looking around, but have a question when comparing the Whipple 2.9 and the TVS 2.3... what would be the deciding factor between them both besides cost? It sounds like a stupid question but they are both prices pretty close to eachother (couple hundred dollars) but is the 2.3 more efficient than the 2.9?

I may even answer it myself - I know that the 2.9L will put out more power in the "end" and is more upgradable for later, but the 2.3L numbers are not something to ignore about how efficient it is.

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
^^^ I've been looking around, but have a question when comparing the Whipple 2.9 and the TVS 2.3... what would be the deciding factor between them both besides cost? It sounds like a stupid question but they are both prices pretty close to eachother (couple hundred dollars) but is the 2.3 more efficient than the 2.9?

I may even answer it myself - I know that the 2.9L will put out more power in the "end" and is more upgradable for later, but the 2.3L numbers are not something to ignore about how efficient it is.

The '13 TVS is hard to beat. When comparing them at/around the 15lb mark, they make more torque than the Whipples, and may even make more HP. And they're cheaper. The Whipples look better IMO, and are capable of more power when pullied down, but for the average Joe looking to upgrade, I think the '13 TVS is the way to go.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
The '13 TVS is hard to beat. When comparing them at/around the 15lb mark, they make more torque than the Whipples, and may even make more HP. And they're cheaper. The Whipples look better IMO, and are capable of more power when pullied down, but for the average Joe looking to upgrade, I think the '13 TVS is the way to go.

That makes sense - is the VMP 2.3 TVS the same as the '13 Ford "5.8" stamped TVS?

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
The internals are the same, but the case/inlet design is different. A stock '13 TVS will outflow Justins ported VMP unit.

Ah, understood. I just researched it a bit and got this thread:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/svt-shelby-gt500-150/850986-2013-gt500-tvs-supercharger-2.html

2013 GT500 2.3 TVS Inlet versus VMP 2.3 TVS
2012-05-08_08-50-33_221.jpg

That difference in inlet is pretty marginal from the looks of it.

But I did see that the smallest pulley on the 2.3 for the Ford TVS is 2.5" while the VMP unit can do a 2.4 - Is that anything worth importance to make the difference of power between the two; Will the Ford 2.3 with a 2.5" pulley and a VMP with a 2.4" pulley make around the same power?

I sound silly, but this is just out of curiosity.

TTSaleen

forum member
Reaction score
And here's a comparison of the 13TVS and the stock eaton.

100_0987.jpg

100_0990.jpg

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
This is why I like the GT500 even over the Boss because 680-700 rwhp is a walk in the park without worrying about a block failure.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back