2014 Auto GT Track Results

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
I recently picked up a 14 auto gt and have been to the track a few times, here are the results.

The day I got it I went to the track on street tires, the temp was in the mid to upper 80's and the da was 3500. Only made 2 passes and the best was 13.4x @ 106 (I don't have the slip in front of me but that's pretty close based off memory).

I went back to the same track a week or two later, this time still stock with the exception of a set of Welds with 28" Et Street radials. The 60' was the same as it was on stock tires. The goal was to get a stock power 12 second slip.

I then added BBK long tubes and offroad x, gt500 axleback, 26" Et Street radials, and a Mike Rousch tune. I went back to the track during a street car event with very little track prep and da ~2500. The car felt so much better with the mods and tune but it would spin pretty bad on the 1-2 shift.

I made 3 total passes, two were 12.22 and one 12.28. My goal is 11's as is and I feel confident that's possible with better da and track prep! I plan on running True Street at NMRA and hopefully get that 11 second slip!

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
You're definitely on the path to 11's. Find lower DA, as you mentioned, or call up Circle-D for one of their stall converters. 5C is quite popular. I went with a 4E that flashes to 5,000 rpm's and highly recommend going that route.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
You're definitely on the path to 11's. Find lower DA, as you mentioned, or call up Circle-D for one of their stall converters. 5C is quite popular. I went with a 4E that flashes to 5,000 rpm's and highly recommend going that route.

I've really considered a converter but don't know if I'll get one or not. I may get proven wrong but I really think I can get my goal as is, in good da of course. There's a really good chance I'll add a blower in the spring and at that point I really shouldn't need the converter to get in the 1.6-1.7 60' range.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah the DA is killing you. Fall weather will get you there.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
The forecasted high for Saturday at nmra is upper 50's--low 60's so that should get me where I want to be.

Stigma

forum member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no lol. I will attach a few slips from NMRA in Bowling Green and I have went to the track one more time since then and my best was 12.05 @ 116.6.

Awesome times but no doubt Frustrating to be So close to the 11's...
I'm assuming you have the stock 3.15's? You have a Great mph and like you i believe that 11's are within reach-
Keep us updated thanks

Fosters

forum member
Reaction score
Pretty nice times. If it makes you feel better, I have a baby 3C converter and stock 235 pirellis... I can run a 15 like nobody's business. :D

I'd say a converter is well worth it. In the rare occasions I get grip on the street it's noticeable improvement. Can't wait to try it with some real tires soon.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
I ordered a 4c and it supposed to be here tomorrow. Hopefully and I can get it put in quickly and go back to the track!

2011/5.0

Reaction score
Wait,what What happened to FI. Thought you where going that route

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
You'll love that 4C. It will transform your car completely.

I've heard that alot, can't wait to see the results!

Wait,what What happened to FI. Thought you where going that route

FI is likely coming in the spring, I have other things going on right now that have taken priority over a blower. The converter is just a quick fix to get a 11 lol.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back