2014 Auto GT Track Results

2011/5.0

Reaction score
You can go online and get the rev per mile of tire and adjust that in your tune before you load program. Sct has options to change revs per mile But i gave mike my tire size so he has the revs per mile correctly preset

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
You can go online and get the rev per mile of tire and adjust that in your tune before you load program. Sct has options to change revs per mile But i gave mike my tire size so he has the revs per mile correctly preset

20168 / Tire Height in inches = tire revolutions per mile.

For example, a 28" tire would be 20168 / 28 = 720 revolutions per mile.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Converter went in last night. I launch off idle, I've tried stalling it but the 60' gets slower.

Try holding about 1500-2000 rpm's against the brakes just to load the suspension. I tried dozens and dozens of passes with my Circle-D converter to arrive at that conclusion for my '14 GT. Off idle and full tilt revs until the tires want to almost start spinning against the brakes don't work.

Your 60' times should easily drop into the 1.60's, netting you a .25 second improvement in short times, and likely 3 tenths in the 1/4 miles. That should put you into the 11.60's with the same 0' DA you had last time out. Trap speeds won't change, and I trust Mike Rousch wrote your tune to lock up the converter fully at WOT. Mike locked my converter half way through 2nd gear and it stays locked the rest of the 1/4 mile at WOT, so my trap speeds are solid.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
Try holding about 1500-2000 rpm's against the brakes just to load the suspension. I tried dozens and dozens of passes with my Circle-D converter to arrive at that conclusion for my '14 GT. Off idle and full tilt revs until the tires want to almost start spinning against the brakes don't work.

Your 60' times should easily drop into the 1.60's, netting you a .25 second improvement in short times, and likely 3 tenths in the 1/4 miles. That should put you into the 11.60's with the same 0' DA you had last time out. Trap speeds won't change, and I trust Mike Rousch wrote your tune to lock up the converter fully at WOT. Mike locked my converter half way through 2nd gear and it stays locked the rest of the 1/4 mile at WOT, so my trap speeds are solid.

If the weather cooperates we have a rental this Sunday and I will try some different rpm's to see what works best. We did notice when we put the converter in that my stock driveshaft is slinging grease at the center joint. I can only assume that's a result of lowering the car without checking the pinion angle but I just figured it would be ok with the stock 2 piece, guess not. Hopefully it will be ok for one more trip to the track, I had planned on getting a one piece and adjustable upper in the spring anyways.

Nice man!

Thank ya sir!

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
We had our track rental today and the da was somewhere in the 1000-1500 range, I couldn't get it to load on my phone but that's what I was told. This was my first time with the 4c so I played around alot with launch rpm. I was very impressed with the 60' times but the shift points are going to have to be adjusted. If I read the log correctly it's shifting to 2nd at 5200 and to 3rd at 6600. I will send in my log and after the revision hopefully the times will improve. Here's the slip of my fastest et, it went 117.5+ several times on other passes.

Last edited:

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Depending on which track you were at, looks like the DA was quite a bit better than that.

Seat time with a new converter is definitely needed and you'll get it dialed in.

2011/5.0

Reaction score
Those are about right for the first hits on the 4c. Hopefully you logged a pass for mike so he can make adjustments

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Damn. Makes me fell silly only getting 1.80s on my 4C. I didn't try to foot brake it at all though, was just stabbing it.

Great times.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
We had our track rental today and the da was somewhere in the 1000-1500 range, I couldn't get it to load on my phone but that's what I was told. This was my first time with the 4c so I played around alot with launch rpm. I was very impressed with the 60' times but the shift points are going to have to be adjusted. If I read the log correctly it's shifting to 2nd at 5200 and to 3rd at 6600. I will send in my log and after the revision hopefully the times will improve. Here's the slip of my fastest et, it went 117.5+ several times on other passes.

Damn, I love these Circle-D converters! Nice runs!

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
Depending on which track you were at, looks like the DA was quite a bit better than that.

Seat time with a new converter is definitely needed and you'll get it dialed in.

We was at London Dragway, I asked a friend and was told the da was 1100 at noon.

Those are about right for the first hits on the 4c. Hopefully you logged a pass for mike so he can make adjustments

Yes sir, logged a pass and sent it in last night. Checked this morning and already have a revision.

Time to update your signature....:clap:

Yes sir!

Damn nice 60' and great time for the mods!

I'm very happy with the 60's, almost in the 1.5's!

Damn. Makes me fell silly only getting 1.80s on my 4C. I didn't try to foot brake it at all though, was just stabbing it.

Great times.

Thanks, I tried everything from idle to pushing the front tires, seemed like 1500-1800 worked the best for my car.

Damn, I love these Circle-D converters! Nice runs!

:beer:

Yep......i think its time for me to bite the bullet and get one myself-

You'll love it!

2011/5.0

Reaction score
Unreal make sure you check trans fluid level if you didnt have traction issues Mine was overfilled 3/4 of a quart after install and i ran a soft 60ft for 4 months last year before i figured it out

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back