2014 Base to Track Apps Cluster Swap

MustangDave21

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I have not been able to install yet. I have the laptop set up and instrument cluster cleaned.

I just need to take the old instrument cluster off and install new one. I guess I'm going to have to have another car connected to mine so it's battery won't die correct?

Also, what do you do first for pats? The module initialization? Or erase keys?

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Keys are erased first. I used a battery charger. Getting the old cluster out is somewhat difficult. The clip in the back that releases the connector is hard to get to. The connector will not release unless the clip is pushed up.

MustangDave21

Reaction score
What kind of battery chargers are good ones? So I can make it easier instead of connecting a car. Lol.

MustangDave21

Reaction score
I finally did the install yesterday! Everything is working perfectly fine so far. I used a noco genius1 to maintain the battery while I did the install. The delays were the longest part. I did the module initialization first and then erased all keys and programmed new ones. I used different ipc codes from a v6 auto to get the trans temp.

However, this totally screwed up my aftermarket remote start. I had to reprogram it. This means I had to crawl underneath the steering column. But all is good now. Thanks for all the help.

Now I just need to see if I can get someone local to change the mileage. I need it increased by like 50k miles lol.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I finally did the install yesterday! Everything is working perfectly fine so far. I used a noco genius1 to maintain the battery while I did the install. The delays were the longest part. I did the module initialization first and then erased all keys and programmed new ones. I used different ipc codes from a v6 auto to get the trans temp.

However, this totally screwed up my aftermarket remote start. I had to reprogram it. This means I had to crawl underneath the steering column. But all is good now. Thanks for all the help.

Now I just need to see if I can get someone local to change the mileage. I need it increased by like 50k miles lol.

So I see you changed from manual to auto for the trans temp gauge. Anything else or is it set as if you have a V8? Then I guess it's any order as long as both Initialization and Key Erase are done. They are two separate operations and with both, you have to wait about 10 minutes each.

MustangDave21

Reaction score
I set it as a v6. There was one YouTube video where the guy stated he tried keys erase first but it denied him access. So I went with module initialization first. It made me wait 12 minutes each time.

Out of curiosity, is you speedometer off? According to Google maps, at highway speeds I'm off about 1-2mph.

1JOE

Reaction score
Great thread guys!! I have a 2011 Mustang GT 6 Speed manual and i want ho do the swap I have the cluster I'm ordering the switch Does any one know how i need to do the wiring for the switch? And build codes for mine? I also have the bimbo brakes on mine but I don't know if my abs has been changed i will find out? I guess also do I need to swap the abs for a 2013 or 2014 model? Thank you for all your help and info!!

Reaction score
Learned so far:
1) The change can be done with existing base for either standard or Track App. Makes sense, have had TA from day 1 but to extract all info seems full time appointment. Actually think too much trivia there and that A/F ratio feature… who cares where you’re driving just keep eyes focused on that wonderful addition (entire other story there, not even mentioning).

2) I could do with standard dash myself, so with changing that you have skid control and launch off, must be tied in someplace, a few things may need to be addressed not included with this for tat? Can think of tire and wheel sizes with that fit in, speedo and OD calculations.

3) And then the damn thing can’t even tell you current tire pressures with the pocket genie, oh but you can check with door jamb label with that one and tire gauge lmao.

4) Most things don’t even apply except special application circumstances. Unless road Racing so you could check everything every few minutes. Should be done @ hairpin curves only…

5) NO DOUBT WHAT-SO-EVER though it’s a very worthwhile endeavor just to pull that off, to obtain that feature, minimum expense, say you did it and attain, retain that knowledge to succeed.

6) Am impressed with this topic, the level achieved and NO I would not even try. Meaning I can barely “type” one finger. 2 regrets: 1) wished I’d learned typing and 2) paid better attention in English. No idea things would end this way back in early ‘60’s. Just didn’t seem to care about anything, nation was getting into war it could never win and I wasn’t going to Canada.

Regards here, my opinions only.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back