2015 gt pp iat

BlackMustang690

BlackMustang690
Reaction score
Im curious to know what ppl are seeing as there IAT. I have a small commute of 6.5 miles of stop and go traffic due to the lights, and yesterday ambient temp was about 82, 4-6 wind speed, 50% humidity. I would get up to about 45mph before I would come to a stop and intake temps were low of 104- high of 112. those seem kind of high to me. Im sure a CAI would lower the temps. if you are seeing lower temps post them up, including which CAI you have. thanks,

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
You have the best cold air intake on the market it gets 100% of its air from in front of the radiator. No CAI will do any better to keep you IAT's down. Most CAI are worse not fully sealing off air from under the hood. The intake is all plastic which also helps insulate the incoming air. Don't be fooled by names of products; salesmen don't care if they are telling you the truth once you bought it your their sucker.

BlackMustang690

BlackMustang690
Reaction score
You have the best cold air intake on the market it gets 100% of its air from in front of the radiator. No CAI will do any better to keep you IAT's down. Most CAI are worse not fully sealing off air from under the hood. The intake is all plastic which also helps insulate the incoming air. Don't be fooled by names of products; salesmen don't care if they are telling you the truth once you bought it your their sucker.

Yeah being that im seeing 30 above ambient seems high. I was looking at the airraid since it's also fully enclosed.

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah being that im seeing 30 above ambient seems high. I was looking at the airraid since it's also fully enclosed.

That wont help. What will is added exhaust venting in the hood. Maybe a heat reflector under the manifold. Or gold reflective heat shield on the air box and intake tube. The Ford airbox is as good as it gets for heat issues the Airaid might give you a little more air but nothing that will be noticeable without a tune.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
That's not high, that's normal considering you would only get up to 45MPH than come to a immediate stop. IAT don't suddenly drop 50* F when you start moving. It takes a little bit of time for them to come down since the hot air has to be extracted from the engine bay.

ridenfish39

forum member
Reaction score
From what I've read people are cutting out some.of the honeycomb in the grill where the air is drawn in and it helps with lower iats.

BlackMustang690

BlackMustang690
Reaction score
That's not high, that's normal considering you would only get up to 45MPH than come to a immediate stop. IAT don't suddenly drop 50* F when you start moving. It takes a little bit of time for them to come down since the hot air has to be extracted from the engine bay.

I guess compared to my previous mustang where iat would get to about 10-15 above ambient, of course there not going to drop 50f even when i had an intercooler temps wouldnt drop quick.

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
IATs are measured differently in your old car. The IATs were measure at the MAF sensor on the 2014 and earlier cars they are measured in the manifold now. They are not comparable. The higher temp you are seeing now are more accurate.

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
arent the coyote motors naturally hotter anyway since they are higher compression?

BlackMustang690

BlackMustang690
Reaction score
IATs are measured differently in your old car. The IATs were measure at the MAF sensor on the 2014 and earlier cars they are measured in the manifold now. They are not comparable. The higher temp you are seeing now are more accurate.

Did not know this, Thanks, for the information.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Im curious to know what ppl are seeing as there IAT. I have a small commute of 6.5 miles of stop and go traffic due to the lights, and yesterday ambient temp was about 82, 4-6 wind speed, 50% humidity. I would get up to about 45mph before I would come to a stop and intake temps were low of 104- high of 112. those seem kind of high to me. Im sure a CAI would lower the temps. if you are seeing lower temps post them up, including which CAI you have. thanks,

Our IAT's with a blower are lower than that. Just sayin:rotflmao:

Last edited:
Back