2016 gt350

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Yea at that price range I would be looking into corvettes...

But $10k seems steep for carbon ceramic brakes. Would you need new calipers as well or no?
I have never seen a carbon rotor upgrade that went full production. Only full kits.

No automatic...sigh...not for me.

You want the GT500 then. That is supposed to be 800hp and have an option of the new 10spd auto. At least that is what I hear.

I'm bummed, I have seen these with carbon brakes and carbon wheels. Those must be for the GT350R.

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You want the GT500 then. That is supposed to be 800hp and have an option of the new 10spd auto. At least that is what I hear.

That would be nice, guess we will have to see what it ends up with; have you heard any release dated on the GT 500 or whatever that are going to call it?

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
obviously its the king cobra

0022015FordMustangKingCobra-sm.jpg

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
That would be nice, guess we will have to see what it ends up with; have you heard any release dated on the GT 500 or whatever that are going to call it?

Nope, that is all top secret at this point. I don't even know what the engine combo is. At the soonest it will be a 2017.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
I have never seen a carbon rotor upgrade that went full production. Only full kits.
Gay... I've been mulling over those wilwood carbon ceramic kits for our cars, but it's just not worth three times as much as the regular wilwood kit to me. Or any kit in that price range

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
SHELBY GT350 MUSTANG: THE LEGEND RETURNS
All-new Shelby® GT350 Mustang is a thoroughbred capable of tackling the world’s most challenging roads and racetracks
GT350 is powered by a unique, high-revving flat-plane crankshaft 5.2-liter V8 engine that will produce more than 500 horsepower – the most powerful naturally aspirated Ford production engine ever
Advanced materials, MagneRide dampers, aggressive brakes and finely tuned aerodynamics push the performance of Mustang to previously unmatched levels

https://media.ford.com/content/ford.../shelby-gt350-mustang-the-legend-returns.html

cq5dam.web.1024.768.jpeg

cq5dam.web.480.480.jpeg

cq5dam.web.480.480.jpeg

Last edited:

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Gay... I've been mulling over those wilwood carbon ceramic kits for our cars, but it's just not worth three times as much as the regular wilwood kit to me. Or any kit in that price range

I wouldn't run Willwood anything. Bear, Brembo or StopTech.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Sounds like very stout specs to me. Seems like they are targeting both the Z28 and 'vette.

Ingwe

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Reaction score
Nothing new there that Gmitch hasn't already spilled the beans on :roflmao: Sure does look damn sexy though and that sound! Finally a car with a decent tyre/wheel combo even if they are 19s the Pilot Super Sports will make a big difference on 10.5/11" wide wheels over the Pzeros. :bravo:

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
I wouldn't run Willwood anything. Bear, Brembo or StopTech.

Any particular reason? I've heard they aren't the best brakes around, but I've never really heard and data or testing or anything conclusive to back it up.

I'm a little disappointed Brembo doesn't make any rear kits for our cars. I think Stoptech is in the same boat. Otherwise I would hop on that. While I agree we don't need ridiculous brakes in the rear like up front, I would still like to have more than a single piston; especially when I plan on running some huge rubber out back and maybe competing in some drift stuff.

The Baer kits don't fit under an 18" wheel like the Willwood kits do. Going with 19" wheels isn't something I really want to do.

That pretty much sums up why I liked the Wilwood stuff.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Willwood makes poser brakes. They are real popular for the pro touring crowd, but those cars don't ever have to really stop one time after another. The AutoX is not the RR track. I've heard from a TON of real deal track guys and racers that they would never run Willwood. It's pretty, and they have lots of applications, but they are not race brakes.

For a street car that gets driven kinda hard at the track they are fine, but so are most stock brakes for that matter.

Willwood is the Kenne Bell of the brake world.

I'm a little disappointed Brembo doesn't make any rear kits for our cars. I think Stoptech is in the same boat. Otherwise I would hop on that. While I agree we don't need ridiculous brakes in the rear like up front, I would still like to have more than a single piston; especially when I plan on running some huge rubber out back and maybe competing in some drift stuff.

I know someone who can help with that.:clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did you notice the cobra badge on the passenger side of the upper grill? Are they calling the GT 350 the Cobra and the GT 500/whatever it will be called the King Cobra or is the King Cobra name taken for the car Ford revealed at SEMA>

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Willwood makes poser brakes. They are real popular for the pro touring crowd, but those cars don't ever have to really stop one time after another. The AutoX is not the RR track. I've heard from a TON of real deal track guys and racers that they would never run Willwood. It's pretty, and they have lots of applications, but they are not race brakes.

For a street car that gets driven kinda hard at the track they are fine, but so are most stock brakes for that matter.

Willwood is the Kenne Bell of the brake world.

Lol that's pretty much what I've heard, but I've never actually seen any statistics or data on it. The reviews make me skeptical of the product, which is good, but I would love to see some data from somewhere to back it up. I need to talk to Wilwood and see if they would even recommend those brakes for heavy duty track applications. They may not.

I know someone who can help with that.:clap:

Alex? Hahaha. I actually knew a guy at school that designed monoblock brake calipers for the Formula SAE team. The calipers he designed were actually lighter and stiffer than the Brembo motorcycle calipers we had been using.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh shit.....the reveal was even in my colors that I want.

Brakes:
At the front are massive 394-millimeter rotors clamped by Brembo six-piston fixed calipers with integrated caliper bridges, while 380-millimeter rotors at the rear utilize four-piston calipers.

Wheels/Tires:
GT350 makes use of extra-stiff 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels – 10.5 inches wide in front, 11.0 inches in the rear – clad in state-of-the-art Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires with GT350-specific sidewall construction, tread face and compound

I don't know....I may have to start saving my pennies. Just curious what "more than 500 hp" means exactly...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back