2016 gt350

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
That's because the GT350 will be powered by an N/A 6.2L V8....

its-a-trap-what-happens-when-advertisers-dont-meet-twitters-spending-quotas.jpg

:highfive::lol::hittheglass:

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I think he meant 5.2. But since you got an inside source does that make less of a load of crap? I can't imagine they would go with FI on a car meant for the road course though.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Too bad they can't put a Chevy Vortec engine in it. I hear they're made with real tornados.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
That's a load of crap.

I wouldn't have thought a 6.2L V8 made sense for the upcoming GT350 either, but someone deep inside Ford told me so last week and I have no reason to doubt this particular person. And, it appears that the GT350 may still be possible as a very late 2015 MY offering. My same source confirmed this as entirely possible and probable, plus the order banks show the Shelby in the 2015 line up last time I looked a couple of days ago.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I wouldn't have thought a 6.2L V8 made sense for the upcoming GT350 either, but someone deep inside Ford told me so last week and I have no reason to doubt this particular person. And, it appears that the GT350 may still be possible as a very late 2015 MY offering. My same source confirmed this as entirely possible and probable, plus the order banks show the Shelby in the 2015 line up last time I looked a couple of days ago.

It's crap. I saw a GT350 a couple of days ago and under the hood was a 5.2L VooDoo motor. None of my peeps at Ford have ever said one word about the 6.2 and it is a little late for Ford to switch to a 6.2 unless they want to push the release way off.

Plus the 6.2 would not be a good motor for the GT350. Unless they went stroker, made a Mustang specific intake (which is not in development, I know the people who do Ford's intakes) and used an aluminum block, which is a huge investment they couldn't even think about making 550hp out of that thing.

I've seen a 6.2 make 525 crank HP but it was stroked, had 12.5:1 pistons, ported heads, custom cams and a custom intake.

I would be absolutely shocked to see a 6.2 in a GT350.

But, it may not be a bad idea to build up a stroked 6.2 with a 3.5L blower on top if Ford wants to win the HP wars outright with a GT500. That could be a 1000hp package.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I think it shows how a pedestal spoiler can work with the S550. I was kinda worried about that since the trunk lid curves up anyways. The edgy look on this is pretty cool. I don't think I would go that big on the side fins though.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score

I know a lot about the F-35 and it's delays and the production difficulties it is and has had. That being said, it hasn't even entered service yet so you can't tell if it is the worst fighter yet because we don't know how it will do once the all of the engineering is done, revisions are made and it is out of service. Sure, while in service if it is a horrible disaster yeah than you can make that assessment. Until than it is still the best example of over promising IMO. How you could think 1 plane can do the job of about 4 or 5 air frames is beyond me but who knows, it still might turn out to be something spectacular once it enters service and is in it's designed role if it ever gets to be used in such a fashion.

For now I am still thinking planes like the Brewster Bufflao, Lagg-3 (IIRC), Mig-23 has been thought to be an absolutely horrible fighter, The first version of the Albatros, I think the British had a plane in WWI where they strapped a gunner to the front of the propeller, I thought I heard of the Nazis designing an aircraft that was basically a V-2 rocket with a seat in it and the pilots would fly it to their target and jump out of it before reaching the target if they were lucky enough to make it that far. Oh yeah, and when they went to jump out of it, they would surely have been sucked through the jets intake sooooo yeah lol.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
It's crap. I saw a GT350 a couple of days ago and under the hood was a 5.2L VooDoo motor. None of my peeps at Ford have ever said one word about the 6.2 and it is a little late for Ford to switch to a 6.2 unless they want to push the release way off.

Plus the 6.2 would not be a good motor for the GT350. Unless they went stroker, made a Mustang specific intake (which is not in development, I know the people who do Ford's intakes) and used an aluminum block, which is a huge investment they couldn't even think about making 550hp out of that thing.

I've seen a 6.2 make 525 crank HP but it was stroked, had 12.5:1 pistons, ported heads, custom cams and a custom intake.

I would be absolutely shocked to see a 6.2 in a GT350.

But, it may not be a bad idea to build up a stroked 6.2 with a 3.5L blower on top if Ford wants to win the HP wars outright with a GT500. That could be a 1000hp package.

Like I said previously, I wouldn't have ever guessed a 6.2L for the GT350. My contact said no when I asked about the Voodoo engine, and insists it'll be the 6.2L. Either he's trying to throw me off, or we're in for a big surprise.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Unless Ford changed the order guide in the past month, Shelby is still not an option.

The 2015 order guide doesn't show a Shelby, but a Shelby Coupe is in the actual 2015 order banks currently. It's not orderable, nor are there prices, but it's in there, none-the-less.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Like I said previously, I wouldn't have ever guessed a 6.2L for the GT350. My contact said no when I asked about the Voodoo engine, and insists it'll be the 6.2L. Either he's trying to throw me off, or we're in for a big surprise.
I'll take my mark one eyeballs over your contact every day of the week.:thumb:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back