2016 Roush SC Mustangs for $40K!

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
They are listed at the crank.

The 670hp kit puts down about 560-580whp from what I have seen.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
They are listed at the crank.

The 670hp kit puts down about 560-580whp from what I have seen.

Well ok then I feel a little better about my car now lol still pretty sweet.way to get into a 16

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
How long will the stock clutch hold this power before it pops, too? I'd want an auto/3.15 car if I was going to get a blower from the factory, less impact on the driveline.

Depends on who is driving.

Guy rolls in the throttle at 3500rpm, runs it up to 6,000rpm, and short shifts into 3rd. Oooooooo, this is fast.:omfg: It will probably last forever with that guy driving.:whistle1:

Our car didn't even last all the way through data logging for the tune. Clutch was slipping when we got on the dyno. That said the car has 315mm Pilot Sports. There is very little give at the contact patch. It dead hooks 2nd at 550rwhp.

wckdgt

forum member
Reaction score
my work does all of Lebanon fords body shop needs, plus all the roush body parts painting and install. this is a hell of a deal. our painter bought one but he got a premium instead of a base model

Last edited:

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Depends on who is driving.

Guy rolls in the throttle at 3500rpm, runs it up to 6,000rpm, and short shifts into 3rd. Oooooooo, this is fast.:omfg: It will probably last forever with that guy driving.:whistle1:

Our car didn't even last all the way through data logging for the tune. Clutch was slipping when we got on the dyno. That said the car has 315mm Pilot Sports. There is very little give at the contact patch. It dead hooks 2nd at 550rwhp.

lol surprised it doesnt include a better clutch if they are putting that much HP into it.

wckdgt

forum member
Reaction score
the roush tune cuts torque between shifts, to save the clutch. my buddy only managed a 12.40 stock w the blower. then he pulled the fuse for all the nannies in the car and the very next pass went 11.44 @123 on 20's

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
the roush tune cuts torque between shifts, to save the clutch. my buddy only managed a 12.40 stock w the blower. then he pulled the fuse for all the nannies in the car and the very next pass went 11.44 @123 on 20's

Oh yeah, they're tuned/set up soft. I drove one with a Roush tune. It was really flat.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I wonder how much it would be with an auto. This is making me think bad things.

I might have a buyer for my 13, so it's time to stop just doing all the research and start looking at making moves.

But that said, an on3 kit seems like something I would enjoy more.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
how much is the auto option on any mustang? about $1500? just add that on

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
I prefer a manual transmission for just about everything. But at 550ish+ HP, the automatic makes a lot more sense.

vinylinterior89

Reaction score
A buddy of mine at work just sent me this link. He's seriously trying to figure out a way to get one of these things. Even thinking about selling his custom 1970 Mustang!

I think the price is pretty much right. Basically paying for the car and the parts, and I guess the dealer is somehow factoring in the labor costs somehow in the deal. I don't really see any reason any Ford/Roush dealer couldn't do something like this.

I had someone tell me at the track, probably about a year ago, that any Roush dealer will sell you the supercharger, installed, warranty etc and you can wrap it up in the financing. I'm not sure if this specific dealer offers it as a package and others charge more for it after you buy the car, then add the supercharger to it, but from my understanding any Roush dealer can do this.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I have a roush dealer next to me. dont know if they could match it. but when I looked at the website for these cars it looks like there is a full warranty for the stage one 600hp and a "parts" only for the 700+.. so does that mean you have no full bumper to bumper?

also with the gt500 coming out soon.. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Those asking about the Auto, I am pretty sure I saw them state that it was the same price.

Which....is even better!

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I just hope the dudes financing the whole thing are getting gap insurance. Nothing like financing 40 grand, stuffing it into a jersey barrier at 40 because you nailed a fast WOT shift, and getting a check from your insurance company for 24.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
I have a roush dealer next to me. dont know if they could match it. but when I looked at the website for these cars it looks like there is a full warranty for the stage one 600hp and a "parts" only for the 700+.. so does that mean you have no full bumper to bumper?

also with the gt500 coming out soon.. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

a lot of people were saying that the whole parts only thing is if something goes wrong with the drivetrain. theyll cover the parts, but rape you in labor

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
Dealership here in town (Joe Myers Ford) is doing these deals as well. They are doing the same thing with the single cab coyote trucks too!

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Those asking about the Auto, I am pretty sure I saw them state that it was the same price.

Which....is even better!
I actually went to their site and looked at their inventory, and every damn 5.0 they had was a MT82...... Damn-it, but I'm sure they'll get an auto in sooner or later.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
With 727 crank hp, (640 rwhp) I'd be damned careful for DD /street use...esp with oem tires / brakes / suspension. I can see joe average, trading in his toyota for this rocket...then getting in over his head asap.

You would want to do a bunch of suspension mods (which is highly recommended by roush with their 675 hp previous kits) so it will at least be semi driveable.

I'd want a 11" rear rim as bare minimum..with at least a 305 rear tire. Then a 10" front rim with a 275-285-295 tire.

I can see somebody putting these things into the guard rail, oncoming traffic, off the road, wall, into the trees, quick like. If wet out, it just gets worse.

My son texts me the other day, wants to know if he can drive my 2010 with roush blower....told him to piss off.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
With 727 crank hp, (640 rwhp) I'd be damned careful for DD /street use...esp with oem tires / brakes / suspension. I can see joe average, trading in his toyota for this rocket...then getting in over his head asap.

You would want to do a bunch of suspension mods (which is highly recommended by roush with their 675 hp previous kits) so it will at least be semi driveable.

I'd want a 11" rear rim as bare minimum..with at least a 305 rear tire. Then a 10" front rim with a 275-285-295 tire.

I can see somebody putting these things into the guard rail, oncoming traffic, off the road, wall, into the trees, quick like. If wet out, it just gets worse.

My son texts me the other day, wants to know if he can drive my 2010 with roush blower....told him to piss off.

Okay, you can stop talking out of your ass now.

The suspension is pretty good in stock form for handling, the only things needed to actually put the power down on the street is cradle and differential bushings. Now, if you want to play it safe, you can also upgrade the half shafts, other than that, the S550 does not need "a bunch of suspension mods" to hook up. A good set of tires is common sense, that is nothing new.

As previously mentioned, the tune is pretty tame, do you really think it would be like a custom dyne/email tune?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back